cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Web Mail versus Mac Mail

I use my iMac for browsing and eMails through my Optus broadband account. I didn't realise Optus automatically set up an Optus web mail account and I only found out I had this account when it, I think it's called the server, became full. I then spent  a few hours deleting thousands of emails. I contacted Optus and asked them to switch off, prevent or block any incoming emails from being directed to the Optus web mail account and to have all emails coming to the Mac Mail inbox.

This hasn't happened and I still get some mail to both inboxes, some mail only going to one or the other inboxes. This can result in emails not being read in a timely manner or being missed all together. Not a good situation.

Now I have somehow forgotten or accidentally changed the Optus web mail password, probably when I lost our Broadband connection and chased that for 3 days. 

1. how can I ensure I am only using the iMac Mail service for all my emails and

2. how do I reset my Optus web mail password when it keeps asking me to log in. I need to check the

Optus web mail to see if anything has arrived in the last few days.

Any advice will be appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Optus Web Mail versus Mac Mail

Hi there @Simmo371, we can definitely help out with your OptusNet webmail query. We'll just need you to send us a message via the My Optus App or our Facebook or Twitter pages. 

That way we'll be able to securely confirm your account details and assist further. We're unable to verify your account on Yes Crowd as it's a public platform. 

Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

The reason the mail still stays in webmail is due the the way you have configured your mac email client. You are configured to use IMAP instead of POP3. See here.

New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi yes Crowd

Still a work in progress.

Thanks to all who have helped.

Simmo371

0 Kudos
Top Contributors