Contributor
Contributor

Optus Sports Channels Displaying As Free To Air

I have Fetch TV via Optus at

Hardware Version M616T
Firmware Version 3.7.9746
Software Version 3.11 Bellinger
Build Date Mon 30 Nov 2020 15:49:45

I noticed today that some of the Optus Sports channels were no longer displaying in the My Favourites section of the TV guide (952-955 missing)

I went into the channels setting and noticed that they were no longer ticked but when I went to add them back into my favourites I got a message "Can not add to My Channels) -
I was surprised to see "My Channels" instead of "Favourites"

Upon further investigation I noticed that for some reason it was displaying channels 952-955 as "Free To Air" instead of "Streamed" in the channel settings.

If I enter 953 on the remote the channel changes to Optus sport and then if I hit the record button I get a message "This channel is not recordable"

I have also noticed that channels 952-955 no longer display in the Fetch Mobi app.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: Optus Sports Channels Displaying As Free To Air

Hey @johnjinsf, thanks for reaching out. Just in case you were not aware, Optus Sport channels CH952 – CH955 on Fetch have switched from linear channels to virtual channels.

Virtual channels have no recording, team tagging or series tagging functionality. However if you have a look on your Optus Sport subscription - you will still have access to replays, Live Matches, Highlights and more.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Optus Sports Channels Displaying As Free To Air

0 Kudos