Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ChuckPad
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Sport streaming issues for Mini Matches and Highlights

Streaming jumps every 2 seconds or so when watching mini match or highlights but it is perfect when watching the complete game

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Optus sport

Hi ChuckPad,

No issues for me (and no other customer reports), is it still happening?

What are you watching on? What connection? All mini matches or just one (if so, which one in particular?) Have you tried watching in a different location?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
ChuckPad
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Ray_YC, I watching via brand new Apple TV on my home 5g WiFi. As stated, full matches stream well but all mini matches and all highlights have this jerking issue. It is as if the stream has to catch up a millisecond every second or two.
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Are you using Airplay2? Actually @FrannyD10 posted about this issue also, we haven't heard from the Optus Sport team that there is a known issue about this so we'd please ask that you log a support ticket with them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
FrannyD10
New Contributor
New Contributor

hi all, Same issue for me... Full match works fine, but highlights and mini matches look bad and unwatchable. However, i also noticed this same issue with Kayo Sports - Watching highlights and mini matches is really bad. However, Kayo is one of the applications on the Smart TV itself (So not using Airplay).... which leads me to believe perhaps its the TV? This is happening on both of my Samsung TVs... Q60 and a RU8000 (Both 200hz). What TVs are you guys using when this behavior appears?
0 Kudos
Jules1967
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus Sport streaming issues for Mini Matches and Highlights

Just signed up to Optus Sport via NBN Wifi.
Exactly same issue with my playback.
‘Shows’ and Full matches perfect, all Mini Matches and Highlites packages do the same 2-3 second jump/sticky.
Like a streaming issue but perfect otherwise.
Any thoughts anyone?
0 Kudos
Jono_YC

Hey @Jules1967 it's not great to hear that you're having issues watching Mini Matches and highlights.

I've checked my Optus Sport App and I'm unable to replicate the same issue. 

Do you experience this issue on every device or on a particular device? 

Have you tried deleting and re-installing the Optus Sport App? Jono

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Jules1967
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hey mate.
Thanks for response.
Every Mini game has same issues.
Just on my Sony Bravia smart telly.
May try and delete Optus App and reinstall.
Cheers
0 Kudos
Jono_YC

Glad that I could help you @Jules1967

Please let us know if you run into any other issues. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Jules1967
New Contributor
New Contributor

Al Optus Min Matches and Highlites ‘stutter’ every 2-3 seconds.
Full matches and all Studio shows perfect?
Deleted App and re-downloaded ....no change.
Any thoughts?
Frustrating!!!
0 Kudos
Top Contributors