Searching...
Highlighted

Optus Sport from Android (Galaxy Note 8) to TV via USB type C - HDMI cable - videos keep refreshing

diepwbs

Is there anyone using a HDMI cable to connect your Andoid phone to a TV to watch Optus Sport?

the Optus Sport app works well on my Samsung Note 8. If I mirror its screen to a TV, the app still works well. However, when I use a HDMI cable to connect the phone to the same TV, the videos on Optus Sport app keep refreshing every 2-3 seconds and sometimes stops as "Playback error". 

All other apps and videos work well with this HDMI connection from the phone to the TV. Only Optus Sport has problems. 

I rang Optus Sport support number and was told that its the TV's issues. I don't think so. 

Can anyone help please?

Big Thanks!

Re: Optus Sport from Android (Galaxy Note 8) to TV via USB type C - HDMI cable - videos keep refresh

[ Edited ]
Davelew

Hi

I seem to think I've seen this issue before on this forum without resolution.

I would recommend forgetting about HDMI connection and go down the Google Chromecast route.(about $50) Far easier than having your phone connected directly to your tv. You can sit comfortably in a chair and use your phone like a remote control.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Optus Sport from Android (Galaxy Note 8) to TV via USB type C - HDMI cable - videos keep refresh

diepwbs

I searched through this forum before posting the question. Past questions are all about Iphone & TV. 

Android screen mirroring over Wifi works fine. However, it relies on the wifi signal strength and is only free if your home internet is not metered, which is not my case. That's why I want to connect via HDMI instead of casting. 

Davelew

Your other alternative is Miricast as this just mirrors your phone.

A Miricast dongle costs a around $20 again with advantage of using you phone like a remote.

I use one when I am away in my caravan for casting downloaded Netflix programs etc from my phone when out of reception. 

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

diepwbs

Thanks for following up. 

I have to avoid all wireless casting solutions. My home WiFi is not available. 

I tried a HDCP pass through HDMI splitter because some people said it could bypass the copyright format of the videos from Optus app. 

However,  it doesn't help. 

GMR2

Did you ever resolve the issue? I have the same problem 

Ray_YC

Hi GMR2,

Not sure if that is specifically an Optus Sport issue but just a heads up you have the option to log a support case

If you do, let us know how you go

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo