Searching...
Highlighted

Optus Sport freezing on Apple TV

Chehoun

Trying to watch the World Cup love but the stream keeps freezing after 2 mins. Am using Optus Sport on Apple TV. Tried restarting modem, Apple TV and reinstalling Optus Sport app. No change. Tried watching using Optus Sport app on iPhone. Same issue. Very poor. Have been on hold with Optus technical for 45 mins. The person that answered the phone said they would put me through to Optus Sport technical support for another 20 minute wait. Very very poor.

Re: Optus Sport freezing on Apple TV

Chris4445

Same issue here, doesn't matter which device I use, disgraceful service from Optus 

andybmann

Same issue with the Apple TV box.  Went out and bought a new Apple TV box for $240 and subscribed only to find that Optus cannot handle streaming live games.  I have sufficient bandwidth of 15mbps dedicated.  Even hotspotting to a 4g phone with 70mbps didn't resolve the issue so it must be at the streaming end.

Had no issues streaming the friendlies at all but live games are appalling.  It locks up every 20 seconds and is unusable.

OPTUS please fix this immediately!

Jimbo123

Anyone from Optus going to respond to complaints? What is the issue and when will it be sorted?

MatiasAUS

The exact same problem here!

Why will Optus buy the rights for the WC if you dont have the capacity or resources to handle it!

I have been a loyal Optus customer for more than 15 years. Right now I’m looking at switching all my services to Telstra.

If i have issues watching the Argentina match..... you are gone!

ZM

This is reply from Optus support that I got for this issue -

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi, we apologise for the difficulty you are experiencing when attempting to view Optus Sport which we are trying to fix. Kindly watch the match via sport.optus.com.au in Optus Sport 1. Thanks

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Any comments?

[ Edited ]
alinami

Same problem here. Restarted it countless times so far in the game. 

Missed many critical moments in Argentina V Island, including Argies goal and Messi's missed penalty. Very disappointing.

Watched Socceroos against France on SBS On Demand; flawless.

So far Optus quality for live sport is awful. I am really unhappy with the service.

alinami

I will report this to 'Checkout'.

andybmann

Yeo, same here.  Absolutely unusable.  So disappointing!!

acarb1
Same experience here..... So frustrating. I'm reporting this useless service to the Telecommunication Ombudsman, and the tens of thousands of other users should do the same.
Post a Reply
iPhone X now available to order

Stock will be limited.Read More

Top Contributors
5 Kudos
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos
3 Kudos