Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Robstevo4
New Contributor

Optus Sport App not playing through Chromecast

Hi there,

Does anyone know if there's a problem casting the Optus Sport EPL to Chromescat on a s=Smsung TV using an Apple iPhone?

If so is there a fix.

Thanks 

Rob

0 Kudos
38 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor neil_forrest
Occasional Contributor

Optus Sport App Not Casting to TV

Hey Guys,

I'm having issues casting from the Optus Sport App to my Google Chromecast enabled TV.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, reset my TV to reinstall Chromecast and tried on 3 seperate devices, but nothing has worked. All other streaming services such as Kayo and Netflix work perfectly fine, but the Optus Sport App connects initially but then just doesn't display anything and has the circle of death whirling away at the bottom of the screen.

Any other ideas?

TIA,

Neil

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Optus Sport App Not Casting to TV

Hi
In the last few days I am having the same problem when using a Smart DNS service. Prior to this Optus Sports cast to my Chromecast without problems. All my other streaming services cast. If I use a different router using the Optus DNS Optus Sports casts without a problem.
Are you using a Smart DNS service or VPN?

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response @Davelew I'm just using a traditional WiFi connection through our MyRepublic router. Tried with data too and same issue.

It's a built in cast device with the tv, but it's worked perfectly fine in the past. I logged a bug report through the Optus Sport app and they've come back and said because it is a built in cast device, the app does not support this. Can only assume that's a recent update that they didn't feel the need to tell customers about because it's worked fine up until recently? 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi, Neil.

I'll get some clarification on this one. There were talks of an update a few weeks back. 

We were advised that the Chromecast Receiver application is being updated to support the playback of 50 FPS streams. All other platforms have been updated to exclusively use 50 FPS streams.

I've reached out to our TV & Content team and asked whether there's been any recent changes that could impact those using an in-built Chromecast. I imagine that there's number of customers using this viewing method. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Hi Dan, good to see you back.
Something had changed as I cannot cast to my tv Chromecast dongle using the Smart DNS servers whereas I could 7 days ago. If I set the Optus router to obtain the DNS addresses automatically I can cast

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Glad to be back @Davelew  🙂

We were advised of the update on around the 25th of last month.

There wasn't any mention of any negative impacts to customers. Hopefully the team can offer a bit more insight. 

If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the update @Dan_C - I've updated the bug report to include TV make, model and software version. I've also included the Chromecast version too, so hopefully the team can provide a solution. 

Saying that, it will be highly disappointing if I'm unable to cast anymore. Appreciate this may not be for you to answer, but where would I look to request a refund or the like?

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

I forgot to say I can still cast of I use the chrome browser on my windows 10 tablet.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That's perfectly fine. I'd really suggest our Optus Sport team on either their Twitter or Facebook pages.

You can message us directly there. Our agents will respond back within the hour (normally much sooner). They'll be able to help out 🙂 

Hopefully I have a response back by tomorrow morning. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors