cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mobile Outage Northern NSW has now been resolved 2PM AEDT
Occasional Contributor chehoo
Occasional Contributor

Oops! Unfortunately, you are unable to access this content. If you believe this is an error, please

I subscribe to Optus Sport via my Apple account with Apple TV.  I now cannot watch any video (live or on-demand) on Apple TV.  The video is not played at all.  I get a RED circle with a slash on the bottom left corner with black screen.  I try using web browser as well  The video still cannot be played but I can get the following error message:

Oops! Unfortunately, you are unable to access this content. If you believe this is an error, please contact Optus Sport Support. Retry

What went wrong???

I can't log a fault as I don't have Service Number/Optus Broadband Username because I subscribe through my Apple account.

Could anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Che-Hoo
0 Kudos
14 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Oops! Unfortunately, you are unable to access this content. If you believe this is an error, ple

You can log a fault through your Apple ID.

Are you paying for Optus sport through your Apple ID? 

Are you an Optus customer for anything else? (mobile, mobile internet, internet?)

Have you tried removing the Optus Sport app off your device, and reinstalling it, forcing the subscription data to refresh itself by telling to reload the subscription?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Re: Oops! Unfortunately, you are unable to access this content. If you believe this is an error, ple

Yes, I'm paying for Optus Sport through my Apple ID.  I'm NOT an Optus customer for anything else.

I did try uninstaling and installing Optus Sport app again but it doesn't help at all.

BTW, I get different message when trying using Chrome on MacBook (instead of Safari on MacBook tested previously), it shows "Oops! Unfortunately, you are unable to access this content. This may be because you are using a VPN or trying to access the video from overseas. If you believe this is an error, please contact Optus Sport Support. Retry". I now suspect Optus mistakenly treat my IP address (gotten through a small broadband ISP in Australia) as an IP address outside of Australia, as I can successfully view the video by using VPN back to my office network in Australia (on MacBook, not on Apple TV).  Note that I could use it using my home ISP to view the video just a week ago.  It's just suddenly not working.  There are some important games coming next week and the week after.  I hope I won't miss any of them.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Care to mention the ISP

are you using any custom config on your device for things like Netflix US? As this may be causing you issues.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi chehoo,

You have previously created an account when you experienced an issue purchasing a premium subscription.

Please log a fault lwith the Optus Sport team logging in with this account. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I'm using Ignite Broadband which should be related to Anttel Communications Group.  A small ISP, I suppose.

I don't have any specific/custom config at all, except there are NAT's which are quite normal these days.  I don't use VPN at all.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I did log the cast to Optus Support successfully after I first posted here.  They are not quite helpful though.  The key is everything worked until several days ago and I didn't do any change at all.

Thanks.

Che-Hoo

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor GGMU
Occasional Contributor

Did you end up getting this resolved @chehoo ? I’m having the same issue too.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

This issue was resolved after spending days to talk to the official Optus support.  Apparently, the IP address that I used was marked as non-Australian which is not the case of course.

Occasional Contributor GGMU
Occasional Contributor

Thank @chehoo 

Did they approve your IP or did your ISP need to offer you a new one? 

So peeved that it works for a year+ and then they change stuff on their end and make you waste your own time trying to tell them it’s their fault.

My IP is static and has been from day dot!!! GRRR!!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors