Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
AJL56
New Contributor
New Contributor

Low mailbox limits

How can I get Optus to increase our mailbox limits.

Dont want to have to change all the email addresses .

Constantly getting reminders mailbox limits are full Messages cant be sent due to mailbox limits.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_YC

Re: Low mailbox limits

Hey @AJL56 - Great question to ask.

We're unable to increase the Mailbox limit on our Webmail services. The best thing to retain the email is to delete any read emails that you're not wishing to have and clearing the trash. This can take up to 4 hours to take in affect.

Alternatively, creating another email will also assist, it will take some time though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Low mailbox limits

"Dont want to have to change all the email addresses ."

As mentioned Optus have no interest in improving the email system. Telstra just discontinued providing an email box for new customers and its generally going to be phased out. It was only supplied as a means to lock you to Optus and is a pretty minimal service with much better options these days for space, spam, management, filtering, security, etc.

Suggest you bite the bullet take the time to migrate slowly to say a GMail account. It can happen while you keep the Optus account running. One other benefit is multiple GMail accounts can be umbrellaed under the main interface making switching between them easy. The free version has 10x more space than Optus but I pay the $1 a month for 100x

Check here for a quick how to:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/change-from-Optus-ADSL-to-NBN/m-p/573300/highlight/true#M16820

Otherwise you'll have to keep making do with what you have got and never leave Optus.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors