cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Keeps bufferring and dropping out

Watching world cup last night, the stream kept buffering and dropping out requiring me to log back in. I have never had this issue previously with other streaming service. I have good NBN bandwidth of 50MB.

unless this issue is resolved immediately I want a full refund.

7 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Keeps bufferring and dropping out

Who else had issues with streaming of the World Cup last night?

This whole issue has come about because our current Liberal Governments Minister for Communications took the World Cup off the "Anti Siphoning List" meaning it is not protected to be shown entirely free to air like it was up until this year.  That is a disgrace for such a cultural World Event .   I brought issues with broadcasting to Optus's attention some weeks ago but no one knew what I was talking about when I warned there will be many people unhappy.  Basically Optus didn't care.  I have lodged complaints to the ACCC and the Ombudsmen for Telecommunications and I plead as many people as possible to also do so if you are not 100% satisfied with the broadcasting ie. drop outs occuring.   The more people that do so the more likely it will be that the World Cup will go back on the anti siphoning list so SBS will be able to broadcast it entirely again free to air in the future.    

If no luck with Optus for refund.  Go to Ombudsmen.  Very Helpful , they helped me.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I'm getting the same issue. Had it last night so I couldn't watch Portugal vs. Spain, and now it's happening again so I guess I can't watch Australia play either. Happens accross multiple devices, multiple connections. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have been having the same issues, this service is a huge piece of crap! I haven’t been able to watch more than 5 minutes without interruption. I will demand a refund from optus and never use their disgusting service! It has been a miserable experience.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Still not working....

trued watch Nigeria v Croatia through the iPhone app this morning and it freezes and buffers

so poor. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It’s amazing how quiet Optus are being about it, but I suppose they have our money and really don’t care.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

You can use the FIFA app and log in with your Optus account and watch it through that. No issue so far. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors