cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Is there any such thing as 'support'?

Is there ANYTHING in the way of support that works ? The app is among the worst I've ever encountered (it can't even recognize my account exists), this website is brain dead (won't allow login from most devices, says every username I enter has been taken, throws up cryptic error messages constantly), store staff go out of their way to fob people off (yet to meet one whose only interest is not flogging iPhones to someone stupid enough to pay the ridiculous prices)   and I won't even start on the  offshore call centre which is an insult to customers.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
z_hook

Re: Is there any such thing as 'support'?

Hi @563585,

Thanks for reaching out and it's certainly disappointing to hear of the ongoing experiences you've faced. We'll be sure to have this flagged as feedback.

In regards to the issues you're facing with your My Optus App. please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@563585Only the type of response you got from Optus above using a standard scripted response. If I did not know it's a real person then 99% of people would think it's a bot.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

To start with the app doesn't believe I exist, the yes crowd whatsits tells me that every name I enter has been taken, including one it accepted yesterday, when I search for any answer I get a weird error that looks like some script threw a wobbly, sometimes it suggests joining some beta support thingy but that bitches that I'm not qualified because I don't have a paid account despite me shelling out cash for an account only a couple of days go. As expected of offshore call centres, the clowns there know stuff-all about stuff-all, the business store hasn't been returning calls or emails since they got paid, and the shopping centre store mob insist I use the app which doesn't want to know.  Seems Optus has taken a few leaves out of the Telstra book on how to frustrate and infuriate customers.

0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Hi @ 563585 - Once again apologies with the issues you've had.

So that we can verify your ID and account details please contact us on  Facebook or on Twitter and we'll then assist there. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I don't use either facebook or twitter. Will a PM here suffice ?

0 Kudos
Serena_YC

I am afraid that we are unable to look into account details here on Yes Crowd, @563585

If you do not have a social media profile, another way you can contact our Customer Care teams would be to directly message them through our Messaging page using the "Message Us Now" option. 

Our teams can then securely confirm your details and provide further assistance with the issue you are needing a hand with from there. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Clearly there is a disconnect between the true situation and that suggested  by people who should know better.  I've been told by a number of Optus staff to use the app to check all kinds of things and get assistance when the app isn't capable of acknowledging an account that hasn't been activated.  Some of the problem is ineptitude on the part of Startrack, apparently the default courier, with drivers who are either illiterate or stupid.   I had hoped that Optus would be more on the ball than Telstra, unfortunately my experience has been they are both equally hopeless and totally disinterested in customer service.  In both cases the offshore call centres are an insult, store staff only marginally better, and I've yet to be impressed with the online facilities.  A few of the smaller MVNOs manage to provide halfway decent and accessible customer account / technical support teams but bigger telcos go to great lengths to avoid having anything to do with customers.  Is it any wonder that the number of complaints directed at the TIO continues to escalate.

0 Kudos
Casey_YC

Hi there, @563585

It's correct that often customers are directed to the My Optus App, as there are many self-service features that can be performed via that platform. 

That said, I can see you mentioned your My Optus App doesn't recognise your account. This suggests some alterations need to be made in our system to correct this. 

This is why you were offered the option to chat with the Social Media team, as they can correct this and get you logged in and able to see your service/s. 

As you said you don't have a social media account, we would normal direct you to the Messaging service via our website

We do have the other platforms available (in store and over the phone) but you also have said you didn't have much luck there either. 

If you decide to create a social media profile, then please send the Social Media team a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter and the team will do what they can to get your app working correctly. 

If not, you may wish to raise a complaint via our website . This would then get escalated to our Customer Resolutions Team. They will liaise with your directly and aim to get your My Optus App issues corrected and also address the service concerns you have had of late. 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

My experience to date with this stuff has been extremely disappointing. It would have been infinitely more straightforward if I could simply phone someone capable of fixing the issues.  Unfortunately all phones seem to go offshore to folk with no comprehension of english and whose only skill is in frustrating callers into giving up in disgust. I now know that advice from multiple Optus staffers that the app was the best solution was ill-conceived, misleading and pointless. For reasons beyond my control, the service has not yet been activated and apparently the app can't handle an allocated but not yet activated number. Surely Optus staff should have known that ? 

Just maybe when I eventually track down the SIM (that has gone astray thanks to a Startrack driver who didn't read instructions) and activate it,  the app 'might' work.  Hopefully the app isn't just an alias for the offshore call centre although I suspect that is what it is.  I did think about getting another SIM instead of chasing the original one but seems it isn't possible to activate a replacement while the original is officially in transit. 

0 Kudos