cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Cathalm8
Contributor

IPHONE APP CRASHING NO INTERNET CONNECTION

The app does not work acceptably since the recent update. Since the new update the app gives an error message every 4-5 minuts saying ' can't fin internet connection' and it shuts down. You need to update the app with a fix asap. It is unaccetpable for this to be happening. 

It happens while watching live or watching high lights or watching on demand matches. 

14 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor Cathalm8
Contributor

Re: APP CRASHING NO INTERNET CONNECTION

Please don't tell us this is an isolated case as there are multiple people on these forums complaining of the same issue. Additionally, please check the user reviews on the apple store for many many complaints about this issue. This app is bugged and you need to release a fix as soon as possible. Once again this is extremely poor service from Optus at the start of the football season.

New Contributor Nick120
New Contributor

Re: IPHONE APP CRASHING NO INTERNET CONNECTION

This has been happening to me for two weeks on my Iphone 7. Regardless of signal connectivity strength every few minutes the picture crashes and the error reads that there's no internet connection, as I said even with three green buttons (full signal).

Occasional Contributor Andrei84
Occasional Contributor

Re: IPHONE APP CRASHING NO INTERNET CONNECTION

Me too. Same as described above. Please offer fix.

I am paying money (quiet expensive also) for a service I cannot use.

Completely unacceptable Optus.

Please also advise what the compensation will on the account fee.

RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Hey guys, can confirm that we've raised this with our EPL crew - in the mean time, if you're still having trouble and you do have the most current version of the app, please raise it with our TV & Content team directly HERE so we can further investigate. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Cathalm8
Contributor

Still not fixed. This needs to be escalated! We are paying money for a service which is not working. I want compensation on my account.

New Contributor Nick120
New Contributor

I can confirm my issues are now resolved after update. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Contributor Cathalm8
Contributor

Was this posted by an optus employee?

What update are you referring to?

The last update that was released on 03 August is the up[date which has caused the app to crash. If there has not been another update since then the issue remains. I have not seen any new updates and the issue still exists. We still require a fix for this asap. It currently does not work and it is not acceptbale. I will be cancelling my service if there is no advise provided soon.

Occasional Contributor Andrei84
Occasional Contributor

I agree. I will definately consider cancelling my subscription.

It is not cheap, and definately quality not up to the price tag.

Contributor Cathalm8
Contributor

Is there any chance we could get some more advise from a moderator about a potential fix for this?

There is more football this weekend and the experienc will be runied again without an update to iphone app.

I have already lodged the issue with your TV department 2 days ago as requested and have not heard back from them.

Unacceptable.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors