cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

icepick
New Contributor
New Contributor

Huawei B818-263 DNS

I need to change the DNS setting and there is no option to do so?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jack_YC

Re: Huawei B818-263 DNS

Hey @icepick, I recommend checking out this Yes Crowd regarding that modem for some more info. If you still have any other questions, please send our Technical team a message via the My Optus App or our Messaging page. They'll be able to assist further from there.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Jack_YCGota love the response.....sales blurb.....

@icepickI normally you setup the DNS settings on the devices if I need to override the DHCP DNS settings in order to use Google DNS (8.8.8.8 & 4.4.4.4) or different provider if you need one.

I checked the LTE H Monitor app for the B818 api interface and could not find any DNS. Looks like the Optus firmware may have had this removed (Optus love to remove stuff in the modems they sell as a "feature"...grrrrrr).

Optus support will be as useful as the previous Optus support post was based on my past experience with a few different 4G modems over the years.

icepick
New Contributor
New Contributor

"Optus support will be as useful as the previous Optus support post was based on my past experience with a few different 4G modems over the years."

That's the conclusion I have come to. 

Third party modem it is.

Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@icepick 

Login to the B818 using a Chrome Based Browser, Chrome, Edge, Opera etc
Click Advanced at the Top Menu, then Router on the left menu and DHCP.
Bring up the developer window in the browser and paste $('#dhcp_dns').show();
This brings a hidden menu and you have the option to manually set the dns servers.

I am an Optus user.
icepick
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you Tigers, this works.

AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@Tigers1719Thanks very much for this. Any links to other hidden features? Was this on the whirlpool B818 mega thread?

0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@AndS
Yes I posted it in the Whirlpool thread.
The command was part of a set of commands used to manually set the DNS servers in the B525.
The OP replied you only need the command I posted in here. I have been using non Optus DNS servers for about 18 months on the B525 and B818.
I don't have any other commands to access hidden B818 settings.
I am an Optus user.
Top Contributors