cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
SuzieCockroach
New Contributor
New Contributor

How long should it tak on average for a response from initial contact with live chat agent?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndS
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: How long should it tak on average for a response from initial contact with live chat agent?

@SuzieCockroachIn an ideal world "live" chat means that once you get past the bot questions so your query in theory if the system works an appropriate real human will jump in and this should take a minute or two.

BUT like last year when allot of the country was in lock down (by allot I mean # of people) then the time will blow out as Optus do NOT hire more staff when this occurred, like last year, and if the offshore countries where Optus has outsourced the support are in lock down then it will blow out allot more and take a long long time like last year.

I have not seen any mention of the main offshore support countries going into lock down at the moment, but allot of OZ is in lock down so expect delays.

0 Kudos
Aman_YC

Re: How long should it tak on average for a response from initial contact with live chat agent?

Hi @ SUZIECOCKROACH - Definitely get that this would be frustrating and our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.  The chat team tries to get back to your post as soon as they can but there can be delays.  

Please let us know if we can assist with anything. 

You can also contact us on messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then Optus on Facebook or on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Miel
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus-eless. They changed from LIVE CHAT to Mesage Us on the pretence of you can get on with your day.

They just want to replace people with bots.

I spend 45 minutes WITHOUT a resolution today on Optus SPort & re-connection of service.

A few months ago LIVE CHAT had my stuff done in 3 minutes.

VOTE WITH YOUR FEET PEOPLE. SHOW THESE $ons THE LACK OF RESPECT THEY SHOW US.

Casey_YC

Hi there, @Miel  

Thank you for raising this with us here. Generally speaking, our Messaging team is not a live service and address messages as they come through in order in a queue. This can result in delays replying to your enquiry. They do work as quickly as they can to get back to every enquiry though.

That said, there was some unplanned service interruptions today that resulted in higher traffic than normal and this would have contributed to the wait time you experienced. 

We do appreciate that these times would have caused frustration and do apologise. 

For future assistance requirements,  if you have a social media account, you are welcome to send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for our Social Media team to assist you. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
SuzieCockroach
New Contributor
New Contributor

I do not consider waiting over 25 mins for someone to get back to me after initial agent contact with live chat. I did not wait any longer and ended the call!
Not acceptable/ Turn off live chat if traffic too high to cope with. At least customers would not be left hanging!
0 Kudos