Searching...

How do I pay the $15 monthly fee on the app through Google Play

punter257

I cannot work out how to do this?

Re: How do I pay the $15 monthly fee on the app through Google Play

Brock_E

Hi there, @punter257.

To answer your question, if no payment method is provided, your access to content will be restricted. With that in mind, when opening the app, you should be prompted to upgrade to premium if you'd like to continue with this service.

punter257

Ok but how do I provide a payment method? Is it through the app? Or on Google Play?

I can't seem to find anything on both - even when I go on Optus Sport on my computer there is nothing

My main concern is being able to watch tomorrow nights games - so will this prompt come up on Sunday because I'm not getting any prompts at the moment.

Dan_C

It's through the application itself.

Customers who wish to purchase an Optus Sport Premium subscription through the Optus Sport App will simply need to create an account and subscribe through the application.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

punter257

If it was that simple I wouldn't be asking.........

From the drop down menu under "settings" the only thing that comes up is Notifications

There is nothing else to make a payment through the App

Brighton-Boy

I have exactly the same issue having signed up through the App Store.

There's no pathway to subscribe.

Kartika

Sorry for the confusion, @punter257. The payment is not via our app it is through your Google account. When you signed up with Google before you would have setup a payment method. Once you sign up with Optus Sport, Google play will charge you through the nominated account there. Like it would for downloading any other app. Check out this → link for more info on setting up or updating your Google payment details. Hope this make sense?

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

punter257

Yes I have all that setup already BUT

1. Where does it give me the option to subscribe? Surely you can't just charge without my consent?

2. Do we get an email confirmation of the subscription?

There is alot of holes in the process - it should be alot simpler than this

Kartika

Since, you are still able to access the premium content that confirms you signed up before the free period of the world cup was announced. By signing up you are accepting the T&C and subscription for Optus Sport. You are well within your rights to cancel the subscription if you do not wish to proceed. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Haz12350o

To continue on from that, I personally didn't sign up before the free period but I signed up after the free period was announced, however, It does not say anywhere on the Optus sport app or Google play that I have started to subscribe to Optus Sport. Would you be able to assist me, if possible? Thanks!

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo