Searching...

Google cast

curdles

Re: Google cast

curdles

Not sure what happened with my last post.

The problem I am having is that I can mirror my phone screen to the TV. It mirrors when I'm in the Optus Sports app, but as soon as I try to watch a video from the Optus Sports app the video doesn't play. Only audio works.

Is this just another block that Optus have put in so you are forced to buy their fetch TV?

wallet72

I would say it's a block. I can mirror my phone and tablet to my TV - it has the ability built in to the TV so I don't need a Chromecast. But when I go to cast the soccer video it doesn't work.

Nghi

Hey curdles and wallet72, Chromecast isn't currently supported through the Optus Sport App. Our development team are investigating options to expand the kinds of platforms EPL is available through as we speak.

curdles

Optus, has there been any developments regarding Chromecast?

Marie

Hey curdles Smiley Happy 

No updates as yet.

Certainly if that changes we'll let you know.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

curdles

I can't help but feel that Optus by saying they are investigating the option of allowing for chrome cast/google cast from phone to TV is just lip service. To me it doesn't seem like it would require much of a fix, or even need a fix at all. If I can play the videos on my phone I should be able to mirror them on my TV like every other app and video I can view on my phone.

This appears to be another block from Optus in a greedy attempt to extract more money out of devout Premier League fans. They have taken away the ability for access through existing TV options and made everyone sign up with them for internet or phone plans and then asks you to pay more for their Fetch TV. It's pure greed.

They clearly saw an opportunity to get a slice of the popularity of the Premier League and boost their subscriber numbers. I understand that, it's business. However, they have now made viewing games so much more difficult.

I've already done what I really didn't want to and signed up with an Optus mobile plan. Now they are blocking my ability to view games on my TV unless I purchase one of their Fetch TV boxes. It's blackmail!

slattery

Well another year has past. When are we going to be able to cast optus sport to our TV's????

Aman_B

Hi @slattery, so sorry with the delay with this but we don't have an update on the TV app yet. Could you please confirm what device are you currently using to stream?  

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

slattery

Galaxy Note 4.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo