cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor mike9676
New Contributor

Free iPhone 11 offer - is it real?

Hi... Have had email supposidly from you offering a free Apple iPhone11.. is it legit ???

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Free I phone offer

It never is.

As a suggestion when you get emails you are unsure of try cutting and pasting a chunk of the email text into the google search engine. perhaps put the word 'scam' at the front. Most times you'll get hits to sites that catalogue scams and you can read all about it.

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
New Contributor Mimmoo
New Contributor

Email received

received an email from optus asking me to update my data  and advising I have been selected to participate in your iPhone 11 pro giveaway. Email address looks legit. Is this phishing?

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Email received

100% phishing.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Mimmoo
New Contributor

Re: Email received

thanks. One day I might win something for real....

@YetAnotherAcc wrote:

100% phishing.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

@petergdownload How about an email about a long lost uncle royalty from Nigeria leaving me a large inheritant? 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@SillyGogo

I think your pseudonym suggests its definitely worth you looking into.

(Neat to see your whole signature is back btw although the divider line needs to be 14? characters less to avoid a wrap around)

Peter Gillespie
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

@petergdownload Thanks for the signature block tip.

It looks like they need me to transfer them a small fee to release my USD11 Million. I will be rich.

This is a good website to check out anything fishy ( https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/ ), even if it is not listed there, if it smells like the ocean and it is too good to be true, then its a SCAM!

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Top Contributors