Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Fetch mini on demand EPL pauses every 6 seconds

@EPLbetronFoxtel, @Sirfuzzman,

Please feel free to send PM us with your details. I need your full name, DOB and account number. I can definitely try and get the BETA version of the new software update pushed out to your set top box.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hi guys, I've had confirmation that updates will be rolling out from 04/12 to address this bug.

Please reach out to me directly if you have any issues after your set top box has updated. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
EPLbetronFoxtel
New Contributor
New Contributor

I will PM you with my details, but even just trying to reply to your msg has been a headache. I got an email sayimg you had replied so i open the link to your comment and click reply... that then tells me i need to log in to reply, so i do and select keep me logged in... then it re directs me to another page and i cant reply to your comment.

Seriously even your customer support page is infuriating let alone the services that you provide that dont work properly. 

FYI, i have had different issues with the EPL since the very first game Optus broadcast.

For someone who lives in Australia with our time difference this latest malfunction to on demand services is crippling to our ability to watch the EPL. 

The only thing Optus has done successfully since purchasing the rights to the EPL is make me despise them... for taking the EPL away from foxtel, a service that was delivered well and tjat i was happy with for many of years.

BMM1984
New Contributor
New Contributor

Also I just watched arsenal united on 1 hour delay on iPad. Two issues:

1) as I was waiting for it to load, it flashed a screenshot later in the match - including the score 

2) half time comes - so I try to gently move the time scroll  and it takes me all the way to the end of the match. 

Watching a match on anything but live is an experiment in frustration 

0 Kudos
Killian_09
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am having this issue right now and have had it in the past

0 Kudos
thekop
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus,

The quality of your customer service is appalling. This issue has been well reported by many users for months now and you have done nothing to resolve it.

I have a myriad of VOD services (netflix, Stan, catch up TV, etc) and have NEVER experienced an issue like this with any of  those services.

I know I speak for many on here that look forward to the expiry of your 3 year contract and hope that Foxtel get the next one.

If you don't have the technical capability to deliver the product then you shouldn't have the rights.

Will be cancelling my subscription as On-Demand matches are frankly un-watchable.

pantskyle
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is actually piss poor from Optus. I've had this issue since I've had the Fetch Mini, originally Optus blamed it on poor internet but backtracked when I said my internet is with Optus, however then admitted my internet was not good and that was probably the cause, I would get a mighty 4-5Mbps. I've now changed internet providers for a much better NBN deal and my last test gave me 85Mbps, a huge improvement from Optus, however same issue with On Demand... Surprise surprise it's not the internet. This issue has been going on for many months. And they still can't fix it? Shocking service. 

Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Sorry guys, just to re-confirm, updates for Yes TV by Fetch started rolling out yesterday and will be completed by the end of the week. It's a huge update with lots of changes, including any bug fixes for Optus Sport.

I know this has been a long time coming, for which I can only apologise. If you need any more information, please feel free to message me and I will be happy to follow up.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
digi
New Contributor
New Contributor

OK, so my previous message disappeared.

Can you confirm what firmware version we should have received? I'm on Firmware 3.7.7627 and Software version 2.17 Cascade, which I'm assuming is the latest version as I've tried restarting my system a number of times.  I'm trying to watch the EPL VOD, and interestingly it's only the games, not the other shows.. I also don't have stuttering issus on my laptop/phone/etc - just this box which is what leads me to think that it's a box compatability issue, rather than anything else - not enough buffering space or perhaps a protection algorithim is hogging CPU cycles?

Anyway, I'm connected via ethernet, but I have the same issue regardless of whether it's connected via ethernet or wifi, also regardless of resolution selected. 

Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@digi 2.17 is the latest update, so I'd recommend raising this with TV & Content (again), you definitely shouldn't be having any issues.

Perhaps other users in this thread can advise how their boxes are performing since the update?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors