Searching...
Highlighted

Re: Fetch mini on demand EPL pauses every 6 seconds

BMM1984

Hi Optus, I am having this same issue with on demand matches via fetch mini. Live stream is fine, every other live stream app is fine (Foxtel now, Netflix), only on demand stutters every 5 seconds. As with everyone else on this thread, this is not bearable to put up with and watch a match. 

Incredibly, it seems Optus has not yet admitted this is a widespread fault but an individual connection issue. 

Toomey

Sorry to hear this @BMM1984. I've just checked with the team and the fault report is still open and being investigated. Please send through your details using the online form and you will be added to ticket. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
Sirfuzzman

I've had the same exact problem for over a year.

I put a ticket in yesterday and was told that OPTUS are aware of the issue and will let us know about a fix.

Meanwhile what's the timeline on the fix?!!!

Seriously it can't be that hard to fix it!!

Dan_C

Hey @Sirfuzzman,

We are aware of an issue that has impacted a number of customers’ ability to play VOD content via the Optus Sport application on their Yes TV by Fetch set top box. Did you have your ticket number handy? I've had a read through the notes left on a couple of fault tickets that we’d raised for same the issue. It looks like we've offered to push out a firmware update that's still in its late states of Beta testing. We'll be rolling out the official firmware update (2.17) within the coming weeks.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

EPLnut

So 4 months since this was flagged and we still have to wait weeks for a possible solution? How does this take so long? Why am I paying for such a poor product that doesn't do what is suppose to.

Sirfuzzman

My reference number is 17540720

Thanks

Sirfuzzman

Just tried to rewatch the North London Derby and it's completely unwatchable with it pausing every 5 seconds. It's extremely frustrating!!! Optus should just supply everyone who's had a issue with a free upgrade to the fetch maxi or whatever it's called. 

Aman_B

Hi @Sirfuzzman, really sorry with any inconvenience caused. I've checked your  reference number and as per that what Dan has already said is being investigated. A firmware will be released that will fix this and we'll also let you know of this update on your mobile. 

[ Edited ]
Sirfuzzman

Here's a video of the buffering....

See how annoying it is??!!!!

https://youtu.be/OO94O0hTpyA

So....

Any fix yet??

This problem is ridiculous, and leaves the entire VOD section unusable.

Customers should be compensated. Why bother having "on demand" content if it doesn't work on devices supplied by Optus??

EPLbetronFoxtel

Lol, if only it was that simple...

I have the maxi and still have the same problems.

Have had issues since the 1st Epl game on optus last year.

What a total joke optus are.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo