cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor ManchesterRed
New Contributor

Re: Fetch mini on demand EPL pauses every 6 seconds

Hi

My mini fetch is having the same issues this season. Watching matches live is fine, watching shows is fine, but on demand freezes every 15 seconds for a couple of seconds. My broadband speed is fine and I'm connected via an ethernet cable.

Getting very frustrating. Assistantce is appreciated.

Cheers

Duncan Edwards

0 Kudos
New Contributor Liam210288
New Contributor

Did anyone's issues on the matter get resolved? I've just started with exact same problems as you guys.. Although never once had a problem last season.. Very annoying! Only way I can get it to stream with out pausing is to reset modem.. Surely this isn't what I have to do everytime I want to watch on demand footy 

New Contributor leebee10
New Contributor

Same thing is happening here. It is very frustrating to try to watch the games on demand. Don't want to be forced to watch the highlights just out of frustration. Live games play fine with no pausing, however getting up in the middle of the night to watch live is not always an option. Any resolution to this would be gratefully received.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @leebee10, that certainly does sound frustrating. Video on demand is a crucial component of our EPL offering and we do want you be able to take advantage of that. Have you checked to see whether there are any pending software updates? Your Yestv by Fetch box will automatically download any updates pushed out while it's in standby mode but it's always good to double check. We'd suggest the following:

Manage > Settings > Device Info > Options > Fetch TV Box > Restart. 

If you're still having issues, it might be worth raising a ticket with our fault team → https://offer.optus.com.au/faultreport/individual/

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor thekop
Occasional Contributor

I have constantly suffered from this issue while watching games on demand this season with fetch mini. 

We should NOT have to continually reset fetch mini, our modem, etc, just to watch an EPL game on demand. 

I watch Netflix, Stan, play internet gaming all the time and never have these issues with my internet connection. 

I know that I speak for many people on this forum in hoping that Foxtel gets the rights back when your contract ends.  

Occasional Contributor guyong
Occasional Contributor

I have had the same problem. I notice that this thread is quite old  Was there any resolution?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor leebee10
New Contributor

Just got told to go through and reset the box. Didn’t fix it. Had to log a fault. Awaiting a phone call...

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Just did a restart (from menu not plug pull) and it stuttered 2-3 times then settled - for now...have had this issue before though.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Spoke too soon, the rhythmic stutter has returned. But just in case anyone from Optus still cares...the problem resumed when I pressed the fast forward (if you can call it that). Might be worth asking the techs? 

PS since the FA supposedly value the status of the game in its overseas territories and not just the $$, can someone start an online petition for the rights to return to Foxtel?  I would if I knew how. Post it on this forum and the Aussie fan sites.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Antonino
Occasional Contributor

I have this exact same issue and it is doing my head in. Live streams fine and I have 100mbit NBN and it's cables via Ethernet. This needs to get sorted!!!!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors