cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor 3JG
New Contributor

Fetch mini on demand EPL pauses every 6 seconds

hello I just bought the fetch mini for the EPL, I set it up as normal & use wifi to connect to my internet which isn't Optus. I have no issues with my internet. When I watched the Arsenal v Liverpool on demand reply, it kept pausing every 5-6 seconds & then it would resume. It was unbearable to watch so at HT I turned it off & then today I watched the second half & it was pausing again! I hope live games aren't like this on the fetch mini Smiley Indifferent what can I do to resolve this issue? Or else I'll send it back & use my laptop with a HDMI. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
81 Replies
Moderator Tris

Re: Fetch mini on demand EPL pauses every 6 seconds

Thanks for posting, so you're only noticing problems via Yes TV by Fetch and not the stream via your laptop? Could you run our troubleshooting guide and let me know? Should help isolate what's going on

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor 3JG
New Contributor

Thankyou for replying.

My laptop streams fine and I tried the troubleshooting guide - turning the modem & fetch mini on and off, my signal strength is at maxiumum, along with trying to stream on demand replays at different times during the day and it was still pausing every 5-6 seconds. I noticed that it only happens when I stream any of the on demand full replay matches, the highlights stream fine, I wonder if anyone else is having the same issue? I have Foxtel GO via my samsung TV & that always streams fine.

I'm not sure what else I can do? its not possible to watch everything live, I couldn't on the weekend.

cheers 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Can I ask if the Fetch mini is connected via ethernet or WiFi? 

0 Kudos
New Contributor 3JG
New Contributor

My fetch mini is connected to wifi. I haven't had a chance to view any live games yet but the on demand seems to be only playing up 🤔

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Hmm. Something's definitely not working right Smiley Sad Does this happen with any other streaming content to the box? Can you view channel 100 without any pauses? Channel 100 is our movie previews channel and is sent over the internet as well. 

If there is a problem with your WiFi connection strength or interference then our tech support team can troubleshoot on 131344 or live chat here

If it's only EPL content having problems then our EPL tech support team can assist on 1800230158.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor SteveMull
Occasional Contributor

You are not alone my friend. My Fetch TV mini is experiencing exactly the same symptons. It will play a live game without any noticeable stutter, but "On Demand" I also get a periodic stutter, that drives you mad.

I have also checked my network speed, and it is 4.3Mbs. If it was a network issue than I would expect both live and on-demand to both be stuttering. I also tried changing my video format to see if it was 50Hz/60Hz issue, but that is not the cause.

It must be systemic and perhaps other users are also experiencing this problem

SteveMull

0 Kudos
Contributor England1
Contributor

yep we cant all have perfectly good sytems for everything else we do and then optus pointing fingers at us. not on , we're not daft

New Contributor Joshde85
New Contributor

Having the same issue. It's driving me mad to the point where I don't want to watch the games...

It's pathetic. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Hey Joshde85, we're trying to collate examples of this for our tech team. Are you able to send me a PM so I can collect this from you? 

Top Contributors