cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Error Optus advises this number has been disconnected

My wife and I can’t call our son’s mobile without getting the message ‘Optus advises this number has been disconnected’ my son can call us and we can both message him. This has been going on for months and in that time he has changed to a new phone, changed his sim, we have call Optus twice, been into the Optus shop and used the messaging board three times and if and when Optus gets back they say it’s not an Optus problem. Other posts have said they have had the issue resolved by Optus when they have taken this issue to the ombudsman but why should it take that to fix this technical issue. Last time I contacted Optus I received a message back after 9 1/2 hours to ask saying ‘I hope we are still connected’ please help
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Error Optus advises this number has been disconnected

Hi @Whistonmanor it's not great to hear that you're experiencing issues calling your son.

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have tried to contact them numerous times. Received a message back after 9.5 hours the first time and was waiting 1.5 hours tonight before i gave up. How can I get this resolved as it has been going on for months and i have contacted Optus on at least 5 occasions 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I can understand where you're coming from @Whistonmanor. If you wish to discuss this further, you'll need to contact us via any of our customer service platforms which are mentioned above. Rest assured, we'll be more than happy to assist you there. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@WhistonmanorLooks like you have gotten the standard Optus QOS!!!!

The next step is to make a formal complaint if you want to escalate the issue further, which can be done on the following page:

https://www.optus.com.au/support/feedback-and-complaints/make-a-complaint

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

The issue has been fixed. I escalated the issue and spoke to a technician who had the same problem with his phone. He did some type of reset on my phone and no more issues. Obviously it wasn’t any standard reset as other Optus staff had never been able to identify any issue. He als fixed my wife’s phone with the same issue, 10 days later an neither of us have had the problem again. Only took 4 months and 6 calls to resolve the issue so good luck to anyone else with this problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted

It's not great that it's taken some time there, @Whistonmanor.

I'm glad to hear it was resolve though after such a long time. I have flagged this conversation to be passed on as feedback to our team.

0 Kudos