cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

EPL Live

Why are games delayed and not live as promised?

Why dis Stoke v Spurs freeze every minute or so for about a minute after 75mins of game time, then jump ahead, play for 2-3 seconds then freeze again? SO bad I turned it off.

How do I get out of my contract?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: EPL Live

Hey @really_upset, sorry to hear you were having trouble with the feed 😞 What platform were you using to watch the game? If you'd like to discuss your contract options with us you can contact the team on 

1300 555 241, they're available from 8am - 7pm tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I use an internet connection (Foxtel/Telstra) to fetch mini. Always a minimum of around a minute behind LIVE feeds. This time I was missing more of the game than I saw I watched a chapionship game on Foxtel instead!

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I watched West Ham v Watford last night on mini Fetch and it seemed to me like it was at least 3 minutes behind live!  Both halves kicked off well past the hour.

Why isn't it live?

Also, theres far too many ads being shown, and some repeat straight away.  I don't like the ad coming up during the game for the latest Samsungs either.  It might only be in the top corner, but its annoying just the same.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I watch the game while talking to my son in the uk and he is about 40 seconds ahead. I am on cable so there shouldnt be a delay. Its pretty annoying.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I was watching the match 'live' this morning, and picked up my phone when I heard an alert go off. Picked it up to see Everton had scored... and then got to see the goal 30+ seconds later. Spoiled the surprise somewhat.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Trying to watch Tottenham vs Arsenal. Biggest crowd in EPL history. Not live on Optus 

I’ve tried on my fetch, on my laptop and on my phone. Phone is closest to live, but obviously smallest screen. It can’t be WiFi, because updates on twitter aren’t delayed. 

You owe us all our money back, and some seriously apologies for continuously lying to us. It says live on my screen. That can’t be legal. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I can certainly understand your concerns @AngryDave. There is a delay as we receive the live stream from the UK via satellite which is then coded and broadcast via streaming. Our teams are working as fast as they can to code the broadcast and get it out as quickly as possible. We appreciate your concerns and are happy to pass them on to our TV and content team. Ev 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ok. But then why have I BEEN watching live EPL for 20 years if it’s not possible.

And more than that 

Why does the screen say ‘live’ and why do you advertise ‘every game live’? 

0 Kudos