Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Palmplex
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Continuous NBN HFC outages

I've had intermittent drops for 13 months on my NBN service since it was swapped From the perfect Optus HFC cable to the "Telstra" NBN physical infrastructure. My NBN Arris box says offline, and it loses downstream connection and the upstream light flashes. Optus blame NBN, NBN say it's not them so nothing gets fixed. I've been given a new Optus router but no change. HELP !!!!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
z_hook

Re: Continuous NBN HFC outages

Hi @Palmplex

Apologies for the troubles you've had with this.

What suburb/postcode are you located in? Have you checked for any known outages? Click on the Outages tab and tick the Fixed outages tickbox and enter your location to see if that’s the issue.

If you're needing further assistance we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Palmplex
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

There's been a fault for 13 months. I've been told by Optus it's been fixed approximately 20 times. I have a list of cases . The current case has been open 28 days. NBN tell Optus support there's no problem at their end. Optus tell me it's an NBN problem. The Arris NBN device goes offline for a few minutes then comes back. Why ?
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi Palmplex. Intermittent problems are the hardest to fix. It would seem likely NBNCo have tested your line, seen no issue and closed the case.

Optus should have a record of every drop out your home registers.

Getting NBNCo to fix the issue means your RSP has to push for it. IMO it would seem possibly a faulty Arris NBN modem that needs replacing? Its the lights on that device that are flashing?

You don't say how frequently the issue occurs? Start keeping a record of each drop out. I would also suggest you might try another RSP. Switching is easy and some are better at getting the NBN to look into an issue than others. ABB comes to mind. Once you get the issue sorted you can always jump back to Optus as they do M2M.

Tina_YC

We're sorry for the run around here, @Palmplex

Please message us via Facebook or Twitter and we will try to assist you in the best possible way. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Palmplex
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes the Arris online light goes off. The download and upstream light goes off. A year ago it was twice a month, now it's almost daily. You would have thought after a month or 3 "someone" on the helpdesk would have thought oh let's swap the Arris Modem that has the lights going off ??????
0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hey @Palmplex, if you're still experiencing any issues with your service, we can definitely assist further. 

We would just need you to send us a message via Facebook or Twitter so we can securely verify your account details. We're unable to do this through Yes Crowds as it's a public platform. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors