Searching...

Constant Blurriness and Buffering During Optus EPL Replays

DLeonard

Hello,

We are experiencing constant blurriness during replays and live EPL matches to the point where it is unbearable to watch. It will pause to buffer often, but also is constantly becoming blurry as well.

For the whole of the video, it will alternate between blurry and clear every 10-20 seconds or so, but is more often than not, blurry.

The top-left Bandwidth indicator will almost always be green, but that has no impact on the constant blurriness occuring.

Changing the quality settings to any of Auto / Low / Best Available have no impact.

Pausing the video for a long period of time before resuming has no impact.

Our ISP's speed test indicates a download speed of 2.1 Mbps. This is an ethernet-connected ADSL2+ connection.

Is there anyway Optus can solve this issue or otherwise improve the ways in which the video buffers ahead or have more quality options available somewhat like YouTube has?

I can understand the live streams being problematic, but the replays are no different.

Thank you.

Re: Constant Blurriness and Buffering During Optus EPL Replays

Jax_K

Hey @DLeonard, thanks for touching base here and sorry to hear about your difficulties. When you get a moment, could you please send through a PM with your full name, account info and contact number and we'll raise this with our Tech Support Team. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

[ Edited ]
Cyntech

I see the same problem. Matches are completely unwatchable and I'm using a 90 MBit non-Optus connection.

http://imgur.com/GhdWy9M

Gen_R

Morning Cyntech - have you contacted out TV and Content team on 1800 230 158? They can look into this for you. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

dahutch

EPL optus have informed me they are aware of this but no fix is available as yet. They have been saying this since the season started and I guarantee they will still be saying the same thing when the season and next season ends.

dahutch

EPL optus are aware of this problem and have informed me they are looking for a fix. They have been saying this since the season started and I guarantee they will still be saying the same thing when the season and next season ends.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo