Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ronprst
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot watch Premier League on computer

I spent two hours on chat with many Optus agents last Wed and no resolution. I even got referred to the Australian desk eventually. On Sat Optus texted that they tried to call me but the Optus reception is poor and I never got a call.

My problem is I cannot watch Premier League on computer. I have no problem watching on Fetch TV. I am on satellite Skymuster remote Internet and I think this may be the problem. When I try and watch a message says I ""might be overseas or on a VPN"". I am neither.

Please, please please can someone at Optus take this on board seriously and try and resolve

Ronald Priestley

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: Cannot watch Premier League on computer

Hey @ronprst, its not great to see that you are having issues watching the Premier League. I have just tested my own subscription and have managed to get through with ease and looking at the engagement surrounding Optus Sport, there are seemingly no other issues happening at the moment.

Were you able to watch Optus Sports via another connection or was the issue mainly happening with your satellite. Optus Sport only has the broadcasting rights within Australia and so should you be attempting to access the subscription via a connection outside this parameter  your access will be denied.

If you are unable to view the league entirely, please send through a private message to either our Facebook or Twitter  and we will follow up with you

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

ronprst
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply

I only have an issue watching on computer which is via Skymuster satellite. All other devices work. The Fetch TV is getting a signal from the same satellite and works fine

The Skymuster satellite is only in Australia. I am in Byron Shire and definitely not overseas

You say there are no other current issues. That is only true because people give up as there is rarely a solution from Optus. I am about to do the same with this issue

When I try and watch on computer I get a message saying I can't watch as I am "on a VPN or overseas. "I am neither.

0 Kudos
Aron_YC

If you send our Optus Sport team a message on Facebook or Twitter they'll be able to grab further details from you and investigate further. We won't be able to provide anything beyond general troubleshooting advice here on the forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

ronprst
Contributor
Contributor

I will give it a try again but I have already spent 2 hours chatting to Singapore then Australia and no-one had a clue and no-one could be bothered finding out how to fix the problem.

It is quite simple. I do not gat Premier League on the computer but just get a message saying I am on VPN or overseas. I am neither. I am in Australia

Why can't you take the initiative and investigate instead of passing the buck around A phone call would be nice. You did text me and said you were trying to call but you never did.

Hopeless as usual

0 Kudos
ronprst
Contributor
Contributor

Finally someone from Optus actually RANG ME.!!!

But sadly like the last 10 ( maybe more) people I have spoken to this week she didn't have a clue. After holding on for a further 10 minutes she admitted she couldn't find tech person to talk to me

It seems impossible for Optus to find anyone who can go away and research this issue then ring me with a possible answer. I just get a procession of clueless people trying to pacify me

This is my last attempt. Here for the umpteenth time is the issue. Please could Optus research and only if they know something ring me

1) The computer used to receive Premier League. I haven't changed anything but now it doesn't connect regularly

2) I just changed server and the new server can get 35+ mps and just occasionally I can connect. However it never connected at 25mbs with the old server. Maybe Optus can find out what speed is required for computer connection. Surely it doesn't depend on such high speeds?

3) I have suggested the Optus message I get saying I am on a VPN or overseas maybe comes because I am on the Skymuster satellite ( no-one at Optus has ever heard of Skymuster). Please could a technician at Optus ( if they have any )  look into this possibility.

If anyone at Optus is genuinely interested in solving my problem and not just passing the buck please ring me. If you ring I will not speak to you unless you can establish technical proficiency. I do not want to talk to another PR pacifier who is clueless.

0 Kudos
Jono_YC

Hi @ronprst thanks for reaching out. It's not great to hear that you're experiencing issues watching Optus Sport on your PC.

If you require further assistance, please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with more details.

0 Kudos
ronprst
Contributor
Contributor

Further to my last rant here is what Optus say when I try to watch Premier league on my computer.

I AM IN MULLUMBIMBY which is not overseas and I do not use VPN

I have no problem watching on Fetcch TV 

ronprst_0-1612942066639.png

0 Kudos
Jono_YC

I can understand where you're coming from, @ronprst

It's likely that you may be using a Proxy on your internet connection. We'll be more than happy to investigate this further via Social Media for you.

0 Kudos
ronprst
Contributor
Contributor

No I am not using a proxy.

If you get a technician to ring me (You have my landline) I will jump your hoops but I am not going to contact Optus again because after 3 hours of no-one helping, hanging on, being transferred around the planet etc etc I no longer have enough available time to play the Optus run around. Perhaps I will just put up with it and you can give me a 50% discount

I do not do social media

The computer used o work last season and nothing has changed.

Go away and try again

0 Kudos
Top Contributors