Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
datachiefs
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Cannot setup email account in Outlook

You will not solve this problem.

Optus simply do not care and will tell you to use webmail.

The Optus"support" team are practically IT illiterate Luddites, who rely on workflows and canned responses.
There's no workflow for this, so they can't assist you because none of them understand the technology they're supporting.

They would sooner argue with you for hours about how it's not their scope, than spend 10 minutes as attempting to resolve the issue, and they will pass you from team member to team member like a hot potato.

My solution - change providers.

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Hey @Sallynuts, I've replied to your comment in this Yes Crowd thread with some more info. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
pact2
New Contributor
New Contributor

Did you find a solution. Everybody you speak to gives you different server settings and doesnt fix the problem. I'm have to same problem as you setting up email on outlook
0 Kudos
pact2
New Contributor
New Contributor

There are many threads about this but optus still give the same standard response but cant actually fix it.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors