Searching...

Can’t watch Live EPL games on iPhone app

peterkilleen

I am currently at my girlfriends parents house, where they don’t have Optus broadband, also my phone contact is telstra... but I believe this shouldn’t matter.

i have logged into the Optus Sport App on my iPhone and the games wont stream. Keeps saying ‘This video is only available for premium users’ - yet I have an active Optus Sport account as per my $80 tv/nbn package. I watch Optus Sport on my yes tv by fetch box and I have watched it on my iPad - both over my home internet connection by Optus. 

But as I said, it shouldn’t matter what network I’m on - the data usage just isn’t free on non-Optus networks.

Re: Can’t watch Live EPL games on iPhone app

darraghae86

Having the same issue as above. 

Is is anyone from Optus going to reply and sort this out?

peterkilleen

I contacted them on Live Chat, they had to resubscribe me or something... Even though it worked on my TV at home! Dumb

Dan_C

Hey @peterkileen, I'm sorry we weren’t able to respond back sooner.

I'm glad to hear that our live chat team were able to figure out a work around (although it's not something that should be required to begin with). As far as using the Optus Sport application on another providers network is concerned, it really shouldn't have an impact.

As you've said yourself, it's only for those who are concerned about their data consumption (as you already know, Optus sport is unmetered as long you're connected to the Optus Network.) If you've logged into the application with the correct log in details; you should still be able to stream content irrespective of the Network you're connected to. 

@darraghae86, I know it's bit a late but I'm more than happy to lend a hand with this one. Are you currently logged into your Optus Sport account on your mobile device?

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

darraghae86

Hi Dan C and thanks for your responses. 

I am currently logged into my account and am using Telstra network because of my location. 

When live games are on it won’t allow me watch them on my IPhone X and says that the streaming has not begun, even thought is says live. 

Also comes up with (null) (null) under all games. 

I can watch highlights once the games are over. 

Dan_C

That's not a problem. Okay, so you're logged into the Optus Sport application and you're using Telstra WiFi or you're using a handset with a Telstra SIM card and you're connected to Telstra's mobile network? Have you recently tried to view a match on the Optus Network? I just want to make sure that we're not dealing with two different issues here.

If you're using Telstra WiFi, have you tried to stream content via a desktop/laptop or tablet connected to the same WiFi connection? Any extra information you can provide would be really handy. Look forward to hearing back. 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

darraghae86

Yes so my phone runs a telstra sim and it doesn’t matter if I am on the Telsta network through my sim or connected to my Optus home WiFi it still won’t let me watch live matches.  Just has started happening since I change to the IPhone X. I just went on the app and it is saying the games are live now even though they are not on until the weekend. They also still have (null)(null) below each game. 

I have tried using it in my iPad and it doesn’t seem to have the same issue, which has an Optus sim. 

Dan_C

Hmm, it's a bit of a strange one. I might run this one past our TV & Content team. I might be overlooking something. They should be able to offer us a bit of guidance. I'll respond back to this thread once I have more info. 

darraghae86

Any update please, still can’t watch live games. Seems like a waste of money and the support you guys are giving is pathetic at the moment. This issue has been happened for over 2 weeks now. 

Toomey

Hey @darraghae86. Sorry that you're still waiting. Dan isn't around at the moment but I've asked him for an update when he's next in.

Another option to follow up would be to send through a fault here → Report a problem with TV or Content. You'll get an SMS with a reference number straight away, that way we can check up on the fault log any time.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
1 Kudo
1 Kudo
1 Kudo