Searching...
Highlighted

App does not work with Android Pie

tnguyen60

I have recently updated my Pixel 2xl to the new version of Android Pie or 9.0 and now the app no longer works. Have uninstalled and reinstalled and I can't even enter in my log in details

App does not work with Android Pie

tnguyen60

I have recently updated my Pixel 2xl to the new version of Android Pie or 9.0 and now the app no longer works. Have uninstalled and reinstalled and I can't even enter in my log in details

Re: App does not work with Android Pie

Kartika

Sorry to hear about your App issue, @tnguyen60. So that we are on the same page is this in regards to the Optus Sport app or the My Optus app on the phone?

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Kartika

Hey @tnguyen60, I have responded to your other post in this regards and will continue to provided assistance there to avoid confusion. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

ReillyK

So the app doesn't function correctly but with some perseverance you can get into it and use it to watch games. The login boxes, for example, are there but they're not visible. if you tap in the blank area the option to enter your details should come up. If you use Google smart lock it'll provide the option to use that.

Once in the app the videos don't appear to load but if you tap, again in the blank space, the video will start. You can also cast without issue but again tap the blank space.

Ultimately it can work but through no effort from Optus perspective apparently. It's been an issue during the entire Android Pie development period suggesting Optus aren't even bothering to test their app on the latest Android beta.

Toomey

Thanks for the info @ReillyK, I've not come across this issue before.

My advice would be to raise it with the TV & Content team. It sounds like raising a support ticket via the app might be tricky if using this OS, but you can submit one via sport.optus.com.au instead.

tnguyen60

This is in relation to the Optus sport app. Thanks reillyk I was able to log in after following your advice and typing in the invisible boxes.

I still get a play back error whenever I try to play a video or stream

Zac_H

Great to hear you were able to get in!

I'd suggest following Toomey's advice and logging a support ticket either via the App or on the link above. That way our TV & Content team will be able to take a look into it for you. Zac

Greg_Teneriffe

I cannot login from my Pixel 2 running Android 9 :

• the login fields do not appear
  • any keyboard entries are not displayed / hidden
  • a cannot enter a Case from the Help & Support on the Sports website, as the servier is not available.

It's badly broken, with some incompatibility issue with Android 9, and needs to be resolved.

Dan_C

"Android "P" was officially released on August 6, 2018 as "Android 9 pie and is available for Google Pixel devices and the essential phone." 

Neither phones are sold by Optus. We won't be rolling out Android 9 until it becomes available on Optus supplied devices.

I can't imagine that there's been any testing done by the Sport app dev’s in preparation for Android 9. Happy to find out, but I’d say a fix is unlikely until other device manufactures get their hands on the new update. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
5 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos