Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
MasterWu
New Contributor
New Contributor

AirPlay 2 and Optus Sport App Compatibility

Can an actual Optus employee please tell me if support for AirPlay 2 on the Optus Sport app is in the works?

I have a new LG TV with AirPlay 2, and the Optus Sport app is the only app that will not stream to the TV.

Optus employees only please.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Aron_YC

Re: AirPlay 2 and Optus Sport App Compatibility

Hey @MasterWu

At this stage we don't have any immediate plans to introduce compatibility for AirPlay 2 on Optus Sport. We appreciate that you've expressed desire to see this though and have tagged it as feedback for review.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
dleiboff7
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@MasterWu  @Aron_YC I just updated the iOS Optus Sport App and it now works with Airplay 2 - just tested with my samsung TV.

FrannyD10
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi all... I just tried to use AirPlay from my iPhone 11 to my q60 75” tv to watch Optus Sport EPL.

However... when watching a match (replay) it’s really hard to watch. It’s not smooth at all. Short passes are bearable... but long passes is so ghosty. I can’t watch it.

Watching Kayo from the app on the TV is perfect. But just the airplay function is really bad. Anyone else experiencing this?
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi FrannyD10,

Haven't heard of that from other users since Airplay2 became available. 

If you're still having trouble, please log a support ticket to the Optus Sport team.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
FrannyD10
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,
I just tested it again tonight. I just tried to watch a mini match or highlight and it was very hard to watch. Laggy and ghostly.

But when I watch a Full match replay that issue is not there. For example. I watched a highlight and full match replay of the same teams. And the highlight version was very bad.

Does this happen to anyone else?
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Strange indeed. It's certainly the first time I've heard of that happening to anyone. Hopefully a straight forward fix for the Optus Sport team when you log a ticket.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
Top Contributors