Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
MasterWu
New Contributor
New Contributor

AirPlay 2 and Optus Sport App Compatibility

Can an actual Optus employee please tell me if support for AirPlay 2 on the Optus Sport app is in the works?

I have a new LG TV with AirPlay 2, and the Optus Sport app is the only app that will not stream to the TV.

Optus employees only please.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Aron_YC

Re: AirPlay 2 and Optus Sport App Compatibility

Hey @MasterWu

At this stage we don't have any immediate plans to introduce compatibility for AirPlay 2 on Optus Sport. We appreciate that you've expressed desire to see this though and have tagged it as feedback for review.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
dleiboff7
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

@MasterWu  @Aron_YC I just updated the iOS Optus Sport App and it now works with Airplay 2 - just tested with my samsung TV.

FrannyD10
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi all... I just tried to use AirPlay from my iPhone 11 to my q60 75” tv to watch Optus Sport EPL.

However... when watching a match (replay) it’s really hard to watch. It’s not smooth at all. Short passes are bearable... but long passes is so ghosty. I can’t watch it.

Watching Kayo from the app on the TV is perfect. But just the airplay function is really bad. Anyone else experiencing this?
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi FrannyD10,

Haven't heard of that from other users since Airplay2 became available. 

If you're still having trouble, please log a support ticket to the Optus Sport team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
FrannyD10
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,
I just tested it again tonight. I just tried to watch a mini match or highlight and it was very hard to watch. Laggy and ghostly.

But when I watch a Full match replay that issue is not there. For example. I watched a highlight and full match replay of the same teams. And the highlight version was very bad.

Does this happen to anyone else?
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Strange indeed. It's certainly the first time I've heard of that happening to anyone. Hopefully a straight forward fix for the Optus Sport team when you log a ticket.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors