Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Interisti
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: AIRPLAY 2019 LG C9 OLED

LG just told me that Airplay and Airplay 2 are identical and backwards compatiable. Only difference is Airplay 2 lets you do more. All it is doing is offloading the screen image to the TV. THAT'S IT

"AirPlay 2 is backward compatible, and it works in the same way as the original -- tap the AirPlay icon to play your content on available speakers or any video devices where AirPlay or Airplay 2 is available. The main difference is that older AirPlay devices won't be able to be included in multiroom groups whilst Airplay 2 does."

So basically it looks like any numpty can become a Optus Store Manager.

I'll be sure to make a formal complaint to office of fair trading and i'll be requesting a full refund. 

But LOL.

Thanks anyway

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Interisti I can see you're disappointed but it is just a mistake on a pretty technical nuance. The Manager probably should have just pointed you to the compatible device list rather than state AirPlay 2 should work fine. I don't think anyone was trying to trick you.

As the capability was expressly mentioned you should be able to cancel the subscription for a full refund if you want with a quick call. Shame the new technology isn't working yet, hopefully the Optus Boffins get it sorted soon. If it helps plenty of users use Google Chromecast to watch the games which is a pretty cheap option.

Peter Gillespie

Leggo
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the same issue. Is there any plan to fix this on the roadmap for the Optus sport app. As stated several times in the thread Optus sport is the only app that doesn't work. 

I would also be keen to know if there is a plan to broadcast in 4K as it is frustrating having a 4K tv but being unable to watch the premier league / champions league in 4K when it is available in 4K in many other countries.

Interisti
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

And you have the AUDACITY to mark this as SOLVED when it IS NOT solved lol.

How about a public update on this? Even the most *moderated* apps available offer AirPlay with no issue at all lol

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

FWIW "solved" doesn't mean Optus has created the technology you have requested. Just that the information provided has settled the original question (that you don't like the answer doesn't affect the outcome).

As you've noted your equipment has been confirmed incompatible. You can return the gear for a refund as offered. Future updates may address the issue but no promises (i.e. solved)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
MasterWu
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Peter,

Any update on the compatibility of AirPlay 2 and the Optus sport app? It is extremely frustrating that I can’t watch premier league football on my new tv, but all other 3rd party apps seem to work with no issue
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I can only go by what's in this thread. For now compatibility is not available. There's lots of ways to watch Optus Spots on your TV but AirPlay 2 isn't one of them.
0 Kudos
MasterWu
New Contributor
New Contributor

I assume you work for Optus? Can’t you get some more information for us? It would be good to know if compatibility is under development or not.
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

People sometimes make that mistake 🐵 Optus Employees here are all Mods. I'm just a fellow customer.

The solution to this thread is only three months old and says Apple 2 isn't supported by Optus. IME Optus don't flag developments much until they are essentially a done deal. Perhaps a Mod can look into it again.
0 Kudos
bricon
New Contributor
New Contributor

Why doesn't Optus simply have a Smart TV app?
0 Kudos
Top Contributors