Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: AIRPLAY 2019 LG C9 OLED

I think its still a pretty fractured market. There's no one 'app' that you just deploy that will work on all devices. There's also issues with manufacturers agreeing to the apps in the first place. Optus did just announce an app for all Android TVs.

I'm sure Optus would love to be available everywhere but for now its up to the customer to figure out what they can and can't play content on and with.
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey everyone,

The Optus Sport team have just advised us that they have added compatibility with AirPlay 2 devices in the latest app update, which is going to be released imminently. Please keep an eye out for an app update over the coming days and let us know how you go!

We really appreciate your feedback flagging this issue, and of course your patience while we worked on solving it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
MasterWu
New Contributor
New Contributor

That's great news! Thanks for the update Ray 🙂

bennyhunter
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi ... I have a similar issue ... I have just bought a new Samsung UHD 4K Smart TV.  I had previously been watching EPL on Optus Sport through an app on my Optus Huawei mobile phone, which I threw through a Chromecast dongle to my old TV.  Indeed, most of my viewing was done through apps on my phone, thrown through Chromecast.  I have my TV mounted on the wall and all of the wires have been hidden and do not have the external Chromecast dongle.  All of the apps that I had used appear on my Samsung TV except Optus Sport.  Is there a way that I can throw Optus Sport to my Samsung TV from my Huawei mobile phone, or any other way that I can watch the EPL on my new TV without using an external dongle?

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

No. Chromecast is your easiest cheapest option. It just plugs into the back of the TV so you can't see it or anything?
0 Kudos
ellgee
New Contributor
New Contributor

I still don't understand the solution?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors