cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Interisti
Occasional Contributor

AIRPLAY 2019 LG C9 OLED

I was told by a manager in the Optus Store that once I sign up for Optus sports I can Airplay from the Optus sports app to my 2019 LG C9 oled. 

Once im in the app and I hit the airplay icon all I am greeted with in the screen is the spinning (loading) screen. All other apps airplay just fine for eg: Kayo Sports, BeIN Sports, it is only Optus sports that is the issue.

my internet is not th issue as I get over 95Mbps down and 39Mbps up all day/night. 

I opened a ticket via the Optus sports app but they’re beyond useless and can’t seem to read or understand English.

So what’s the go?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: AIRPLAY 2019 LG C9 OLED

Seems supported:

Compatible Streaming Devices

Cast to your TV from your mobile device or sign in using any o the following compatible streaming devices:

• Amazon Fire TV
  • Apple TV (gen 4 and later) devices
  • Chromecast
  • Any generation Apple TV to airplay direct from the Optus Sport mobile app.

Are you airplaying direct to the TV or via a AppleTV? 

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Airplaying directly to the TV as it has full support for Airplay 2. It just gets stuck on the spinning loading logo. Every other app that supports AirPlay works and plays just fine. Smiley Indifferent

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Anybody know what is going on? Airplay is airplay and going through the how to watch links on optus's website regarding optus sport and airplay even take you to steps how to airplay to a apple TV or a TV that supports AIRPLAY 2.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Anyone? 

Looks like I may aswell go ahead and request a full refund. People weren't kidding when they say how terrible optus sports is. Abysmal 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Interisti,

Logging a support case via the Optus Sport app would be the way to go.

Did you attach images to hopefully help them understand the issue better if needed?

You may get some progress shooting a message to the Optus Sport team with the ticket details.

Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ray,

As per my very first post in this thread, I did state I opened a ticket and they’ve been beyond useless. They’re more concerned with asking me what TV I own after I told them maybe 5 times and basically telling me to buy a chromecast instead. Because hey that is much easier than actually helping right? Yes pictures have been sent to show the issue.

But sorry, I don’t need to buy a chromecast when the TV has full Apple AirPlay 2 support. Again every single app that has Airplay works just fine with the TV.

It also states on Optus’s website that AirPlay is supported.. This is beyond frustrating. The CL starts tomorrow just a FYI.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

That does sound frustrating.

Our Supported Browsers and Devices for Optus Sport page advises Apple TV Gen 1-3 via AirPlay through a supported Apple device, you mentioned you have a LG. 

That may be the reason? I understand you mentioned it has full Apple Airplay 2 support which is why everything else works.

Could you please send me the link for where the steps are for how to airplay on a TV that supports Airplay 2?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Airplay 2 works exactly the same as it would if you Airplay to an Apple TV. It's exactly the same. 

Here are images of how it looks when trying to Airplay Optus Sport. Look at the images properly. You can clearly see that AirPlay is supported. But yet upon trying to AirPlay i am greeted with what is shown in Image 5

LINK TO LG AIRPLAY 2 (CLICK THE AIRPLAY 2 ICON ON THE WEBSITE)

ANOTHER LINK TO LG AUSTRALIA THIS TIME (ALL THE SAME)

1.PNG

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

(5).jpg

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I can confirm our supported devices information is correct.

It is not currently supported for LG (so you would be entitled to complain to the store manager if that was what you were advised).

I've just spoken directly to our TV & Content team about this issue:

Airplay 2 is different to Airplay. Airplay 2 is inbuilt to recent Samsung and LG TV's. Its coding is different to Apple TV so currently it's unsupported.

The updates to Airplay 2 also comes through the TV manufacturer which makes it hard as well because they may delay it and modify it.

Top Contributors