cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Contributor Jamesk811
Contributor

iPhone X support

I have the new iPhone X and watching videos on it is horrendous. A quarter of the screen is cut off, when is an update coming? Thanks

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Moderator Aman_B

Re: iPhone X support

Hi @Jamesk811, that doesn't sound good. Since this is a new handset some of the apps are  not yet updated to the new screen format.  I'd recommend checking this with Apple as they  may have updates on this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Jamesk811
Contributor

Apple has released the phone, it’s not up to them to fix the app. It’s up to Optus to make sure it’s ready and compatible with the new screen size. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @Jamesk811, could you please confirm which App are using to watch videos? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Jamesk811
Contributor

Optus Sport app. It’s the only app I can use to watch the EPL. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor JulesH
New Contributor

+1 for this. It seems the app has been updated to utilise the full screen of the iPhone X. But they’ve forgotten to upgrade the video component. Unwatchable. Hope it’s fixed for tonight’s fixtures!

Contributor Jamesk811
Contributor

Yeah let’s hope. I doubt it though Smiley Sad 

Moderator Aman_B

Hi @Jamesk811, apologies with the hassle. I''ll pass on your feedback to our contents team  and also email them a screenshot of  iPhone X Sport App. 

0 Kudos
Contributor Jamesk811
Contributor

Thanks Aman, Just let them know that the app looks good whilst browsing and on the main menu. However it’s only when watching live games and any video that the whole screen is not utilised and the menu bar options are cut off. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

No worries @Jamesk811.  I've already passed on the details and they will stat work on this soon. This is something that does happens when a new handset is released with new  screen resolution. Unfortunately we have to wait for the handset to be made available and then only the app can be tested for possible errors.  

0 Kudos
Top Contributors