cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted

Yes Crowd English Premier League Matchday Preview

Hey there, Yes Crowd! I'm Jono and I'm an EPL super fan! I've taken over the match day previews from @Ray_YC this season, here is my first for Matchday 2:

Matchday 1 Highlight:
 Liverpool vs Leeds, Wow. Just Wow. This match certainly lived up to the hype beforehand and had everything you’d want in a football match. Fluid attacking football was a joy to watch from both sides. Expect this game to go down as a classic in the near future.

My match of the round: Whilst Man City vs Wolves will be a ripper of a game, you can’t go past Chelsea vs Liverpool this weekend. With last season’s heated encounter between the two managers at Anfield last season, I’m expecting to see several dramatic twists and turns throughout this match. Here’s a short video on their modern rivalry in recent years.

Bold Prediction: For some reason, I have a gut feeling that Crystal Palace will take the three points at Old Trafford. I’m going for a 1-0 win with Zaha as the scorer.

I would also like to know your thoughts for this Matchweek. Are you predicting an upset? Can Chelsea defeat the reigning champions? Please comment your predictions below.

9 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Yes Crowd English Premier League Matchday Preview

Off to a pretty good start with the prediction! 👏

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes Crowd Matchday 3 English Premier League Preview

Hey YesCrowd, it’s Jono back again with this week’s Matchday preview. We saw quite a lot of action on Matchday 2. Will we see a few shock results this week?

Matchday 2 Highlight: This would have to be a toss of a coin between Crystal Place soaring over the Red Devils with a convincing 3-1 win at Old Trafford and the first EPL game at Elland Road for 16 years, with Leeds coming out the better side against fellow Premier League newcomers in a thrilling 4-3 win.

My match of the round: Can’t go past Liverpool vs Arsenal for this round. Both sides will look for their third win and remain undefeated this season. Here's a throwback to a thrilling encounter between the two sides in 15/16. An honourable mention for this weekend is Man City vs Leicester which should be a cracking game.

Bold Prediction: Although they’ve been defensively poor so far, I’m tipping Fulham to pick up their first win of the 20/21 Season, going for a 3-2 score line. With Mitrovic and Ollie Watkins to score for their respective sides.

I’d also like to know your predictions this week. What’s your bold prediction? Can Manchester United bounce back after last week’s shock defeat? Will Fulham pick up their first win?

Please leave your predictions in the comments below! 😊

Highlighted

Yes Crowd Matchday 4 English Premier League Preview

What a dramatic weekend of football which we’ve just witnessed! Tottenham and Crystal Palace will feel hard done by dubious VAR handball decisions. Here’s a look at this week’s matchday preview.

Matchday 3 Highlight: We were treated to some exciting matches this weekend. Manchester United claimed their first win of the season against Brighton in controversial circumstances. Leicester produced a counter-attacking masterclass against Manchester City. However, the highlight for me was watching a thrilling 3-3 draw between West Brom and Chelsea.

My match of the round: There will be a few cracking games this round. Jose Mourinho will be looking to get revenge over Manchester United. Here’s a Match Preview of this game.
The match of the round for me has to go to Leeds vs Manchester City. Both teams play a high intensity, attacking and possession style of football. Guardiola has previously credited Bielsa for his success as a manager. I can expect to see several goals in this match.

Bold Prediction: The last prediction didn’t go to plan with Aston Villa picking up a comfortable 3-0 over Fulham. This week, I’m predicting Brighton to end Everton’s win streak with a 2-1 over the Toffies.

I’d also like to know your predictions this week. What’s your bold prediction? Can Everton continue their winning run? Will we see a shock upset this weekend?

Please leave your predictions in the comments below! 🙂

Another match week, another remarkable round of football. If the results on Matchday 4 are anything to go by, we can expect a cracking and unpredictable title race this season.

Matchday 4 Highlight: Honestly, where do I start? Matchday 4 has got to be the most dramatic and unpredictable in EPL history. It all began with West Ham defeating Leicester 3-0 at King Power Stadium. If that was a sign of things to come, the much-anticipated showdown between Manchester United and Tottenham did not disappoint. Spurs demolished United with a 6-1 victory at Old Trafford. United fans will feel hard done by with a controversial red card for Martial in the 28th minute. If those games weren’t crazy enough, soon after Aston Villa managed to secure an extraordinary 7-2 win over reigning champions Liverpool. After avoiding relegation last season, many fans would not have expected for the Villans to grab a win, let alone seven goals over Liverpool.

My match of the round: Firstly, we’ll have to start with the Merseyside Derby between Everton v Liverpool. The toffies are enjoying their best season start in 100 years and are undefeated so far. After their dreadful performance against Aston Villa, Liverpool will be looking to bounce back against their Merseyside rivals. Here are some classic Merseyside Derby Memories.
However, my match of the round has to be Man City v Arsenal in what seems to be a battle between the Master and the Apprentice. Arsenal fans will be hoping to see new signing Thomas Partey in action. Here’s what happened when the two sides faced each other in the 13/14 season.

Bold Prediction: If last matchday was anything to go by, it’s to expect the unexpected. I’m tipping for Southampton to pick up a win against Chelsea this weekend.

I’d also like to know your predictions this week. What’s your bold prediction? Can Everton continue their winning run or will Liverpool pick up the bragging rights in the Merseyside derby? Will Sheffield United or Fulham pick up their first win of the season?

Highlighted

Matchday 5 Highlight: Before we start, a special mention has to go to the Merseyside Derby this weekend. Liverpool fans will feel hard done by a few contentious VAR decisions. Firstly, with a controversial tackle by Jordan Pickford on Virgil Van Dijk which was then followed by an offside decision to cancel out Jordan Henderson’s winner. Do you think this was offside? Let us know in the comments below.
However, the match of the round this week goes to Tottenham v West Ham. Spurs were 3-0 up within the first 16 minutes before West Ham scored 3 goals in the last 8 minutes of the game to complete an epic comeback, including this goal of the season contender by Manuel Lanzini.

My match of the round: Manchester United v Chelsea. Both sides have been vulnerable defensively and will be desperate to get all three points. Here’s a Match Preview for these two sides.

Bold Prediction: I didn’t expect Aston Villa or Everton to be undefeated at this stage of the season. I’m predicting for both teams to pick up their first loss this weekend.

I’d also like to know your predictions this week. What’s your bold prediction? Can and Aston Villa and Everton continue their undefeated start?

Highlighted

Matchday 6 Highlight:  After a disappointing opening day loss against Newcastle, West Ham have picked up a few promising results against the ‘bigger’ sides, most recently against Manchester City last weekend. They’ll have their talisman, Michail Antonio to thank with a superb bicycle kick in the first half.

A notable mention for Matchday 6 was Patrick Bamford’s stunning hat-trick which helped Leeds onto a 3-0 win over Aston Villa.

My match of the round: Can’t go past Manchester United v Arsenal this weekend. Both teams have a long-heated rivalry and will be desperate to get a win. Here’s a throwback to a classic game between the two sides in the 04/05 season.

Bold Prediction: Somewhat surprised that both Aston Villa and Everton both picked up a loss. In the battle of the newly promoted sides, I’m going for a 3-3 draw between Fulham and West Brom.

I’d also like to know your predictions this week. What’s your bold prediction for this week?

Highlighted

Matchday 7 Highlight:  After going up 4-0 within 58 minutes, Southampton survived a late scare to pick up the points in a 4-3 win against Aston villa.

Even though it won’t go down as a classic match, Arsenal’s first win at Old Trafford in 14 years will be one to remember for Arsenal fans.

My match of the round: Definitely can’t go past Manchester City v Liverpool for this round. Both sides have undoubtedly been the best two sides in the league for the past few seasons and have produced some of the best football in the Premier League era. Here’s a throwback to a meeting between the two sides in the 13/14 Season.

Bold Prediction: After a few losses on the road, I’m predicting for Everton to bounce back and pick up a 2-1 win over Manchester United this weekend. Calvert-Lewin has been a dominant force for the Toffies this season, scoring 8 goals and will look to continue his red hot form this weekend.

I’d also like to know your predictions this week. Who will come out on top in the Manchester City v Liverpool match? Can Manchester United turn around their current form? What’s your bold prediction for this week?

Highlighted

It feels like an eternity since I’ve written one of these however, after an eventful International Break, we’re finally back.

Matchday 8 Highlight: Even as an Arsenal fan myself, I must admit that Aston Villa put on a footballing masterclass last matchday with a 3-0 win at the Emirates. Jack Grealish and Ross Barkley dominated the match throughout. If they keep this form up, who knows they could be a dark horse for a European spot.

My match of the round: Has to be the clash between Liverpool and Leicester City. Liverpool have been hit hard with injuries and new COVID cases during this international break with Mo Salah and Joe Gomez amongst the latest added to their growing injury list. Leicester will look to continue their great start to the season. Here’s a match preview for Monday’s game.

A special mention for this weekend also goes to Tottenham v Manchester City. Both teams will be desperate to win this game as it will go a long way into their tittle hopes this season.

Bold Prediction: Well my predictions certainly did not go to plan last time. However, I’m predicting a 3-3 draw between Manchester City and Tottenham. Elsewhere, I’m also predicting Sheffield United to pick up their first win over West Ham.

I’d also like to know your predictions this week. Can Liverpool overcome their current injury crisis and continue their great form? Who’ll come out on top between Tottenham and Manchester City?

Highlighted

Matchday 9 Highlight: The highlight of Matchday 9 for me goes to Everton’s 3-2 win over Fulham. Goals from Calvert-Lewin and Doucoure helped the Toffies grab their 5th win of the season.

My match of the round: This week’s match of the round has to go to Chelsea v Tottenham. Jose Mourinho will be desperate to grab a win over his former side. Both sides come into this game in a rich vein of form and will be hoping to replicate this on Monday night. Here’s a throwback to their fiery encounter in the 15/16 Season.

Bold Prediction: On a cold streak when it comes to making my predictions. I’m predicting a goal fest between Everton v Leeds United. Expect to see 6 goals between the two sides. Elsewhere, I’m expecting Southampton to pick up an upset against Manchester United.

I’d also like to know your predictions for this round. Who’ll come out on top in the London Derby? Can Arsenal overcome their poor run of form?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors