Searching...

Re: Worst marketing strategy evera

Repofmancunia

So how was your first EPL night? Judging by the number of issues, a lot of problems with the quality of the picture, etc.

I live in hope for some improvement otherwise back to Foztel/VPN or some other means.

Highlighted

Roddster

I logged on to watch the everton v spurs game. It was not enjoyable having to watch it on my laptop in bed but that was the only option. The match day live show, crossing to goal alerts was good but it did not outweight the frustration of the signal coverage. I also was getting alerts on my phone of the everton match. Not handy if you were not able to watch the match and wanted to watch it on demand at a later time. Overall experience = Poor.

Marie

Really sorry to hear that was your experience Roddster Smiley Sad 

We'll certainly pass your feedback on.

Have you had a look at a Yes TV By Fetch Mini device so you can watch the EPL on a TV? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Roddster

I had considered it but i am moving overseas in a few months time not really worth the hassle. Any updates on game console or smart tv apps? If these were introduced i think alot of people would be much happier.

Marie

Ahh okay I can certainly understand that Smiley Happy 

At this stage it's not something that's being investigated, however I'll certainly let our TV & Content team know the interest in these options is there.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

BigBlack

I have to agree. I moved to Optus a few months ago as a coincidence and havent really had any problems. In fact I dont even need to record anything as it all seems to be accessable so readily. Im just going through the motions when I do record. Anything you cant get in a basic package you can pay for in a one off fee anyways,. Like The Walking Dead for example.

I think we just dont like change and any problems I was worried about have not yet eventuated.

I would like to hate Optus for their rubbish broadcasting but the truth is that for me they have actually made it so easy to watch that its borderline overkill. For example 10 Epl channels that barely get used because of all the other options with their catch ups.

I am worried that streaming will on occasion be a problem but I have NBN and it seems fine.

All Optus has done is make me wonder if I need Foxtel anymaor as most of what I pay for is garbage anyway.

More viewing platforms would be nice due to only having one Fetch box, but they seem to be working on that, other than that its been all good for me at the moment.

Tris

Thanks for the feedback @BigBlack, sounds like you've had some great experiences with your Yes TV by Fetch service. Just in regards to the additional Optus Sport channels, currently these are only used when there are concurrent matches being broadcast so you can flick between Smiley Wink We're always looking for more content to add though so watch this space! Feel free to send us a PM if you need a hand with anything in the future 

guestgulkan

I'm seeing alot of posts here claiming that watching EPL on Foxtel required you to buy the entire TV package.  

This is incorrect.  You could buy "EPL on Demand" for $89 for an entire year of streaming on the internet, even if you weren't a Foxtel subscriber.  That's what I used to do.

ScreenHunter_1117 Aug. 22 11.27.jpg

Oethesaint

Yep but the EPL pass didn't let you watch it on a tv?

Pistol182

The epl on sbs is so much more clear than the crap optus stream on the web site. Also i was told from an optus employee if i bought chromecast i woukd br able to watch on my tv. Optus has stuffed the epl for us aussie viewers. Foxtel had all areas covered and with good hosts. Ill be cancelling my optus mobile. #giveeplbacktofoxteloptushavefailed

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
4 Kudos
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos