Very disappointed on this Optus Sport Channnel

This is JUST soccer / football channel.

NOT EVERYONE likes this kind of sport.

Why Only this ???

0 Kudos
New Contributor awkwardmagpie
New Contributor

Re: What sports are included in Optus sport

Australian field hockey and AFL should be included.

New Contributor Horus44
New Contributor

I was so excited to get Optus Sport included in my Optus services, but then... yeah - Football and Cricket, (a total of TWO Sports) does not make a 'Sports' Channel/Service. Very disappointed; I think the ACCC should enforce the removal of this being called 'Sport' as it implies that this is a service that airs MORE THAN TWO sports. No AFL, no Rugby League or Union, no Swimming, no Hockey, no Tennis, no Motor Sports, no Boxing or UFC, no Billiards, no Ice Hockey, I could go on, but just stay with 2 of the most tiresome games in sports; oh, besides Golf, zzzzz.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Horus44
New Contributor

replying to https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/396813

Well, they also have Cricket, zzzzz

0 Kudos
New Contributor Frakes
New Contributor

I'm not interested in soccer either. What about diving, swimming, netball just for starters.

0 Kudos
New Contributor kedi11
New Contributor

Can you please do a little more research into what sports are on and off, and their available broadcasting rights? There's an INSANE NBA season going on and nobody bats an eye but surely I want to watch cricket on Optus Sport -_-

Can you diversify from just cricket and lame football games? Sure, important games are alright. It's Optus Soccer, not Optus Sport if you are having just 1 other sport. Please don't tell us that "Oh, we're looking at ways that we can maximise what we can broadcast, we'd love to hear from you". Nah, we're paying for a subscription and the people who are passionate about sport will host a worthy platform to enjoy sport! You don't have an excuse to keep this going and call it 'Optus Sport' if you aren't going to add sports. 

You should also not neglect E-Sports. Australia has a massive e-sports community and there isn't an Australian streaming platform like Twitch or MIXER. Hit me up if you REALLY want to actually make people use Optus Sport and not just use it as a shell company.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

We're not the decision makers here, kedi11 but we'll definitely pass on your feedback to the TV and Content team.

As a massive NBA fan myself, I'd love it if that was on Optus Sport! I do remember hearing several months ago they were looking at it but obtaining the rights was very complicated and possibly very pricey (which kinda makes sense considering how much Aussies are made to pay for NBA League Pass). There is currently no cricket on Optus Sport.

We're definitely aware of E-Sport, have our own Yes Crowd board for it and partner with Legacy E-Sports.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors