cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

What’s new in Optus Sport | EPL 2019-2020

Optus Sport 2018-19 Season Infographic.jpg

The 2019-2020 EPL season is almost upon us and we thought it would be a great opportunity to let you guys know what to expect come kick off. In response to customer feedback, we’re excited to make a few announcements. Check out our media release including a 5G world first.

All 380 matches now available on demand. Previously, 290 of the 380 matches broadcasts were made available on demand. This year you’ll be able to catch every moment of play time.

All on demand matches accompanied by a mini match. You guys are loving the recent addition of mini matches. This year, we’re glad to announce that we’ll be uploading a mini match for all EPL matches broadcast on Optus Sport.

All on demand and mini matches will be available for 30 days after the initial broadcast. Due to scheduling of certain rounds, some on demand matches were only available for 1-2 days before they were removed. Customers will now have 30 days to catch all the action.

On demand matches will be immediately available after the live broadcast. Want to instantly re-live a crucial match deciding moment? You can now access all matches on demand as soon a match has ended.

Optus Sport for Fetch redesigned. The Optus Sport fetch app has now been redesigned to resemble our other Optus Sport platforms. Fetch will now have groupings for each league, making it easier to navigate to upcoming live matches, replays, highlights & mini matches. You’ll see the change in the upcoming 2.24 (Japoon) Fetch firmware update.

If anyone has any questions around the changes we’ve made, comment below and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

Optusportchanges2019.2020.png

9 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: What’s new in Optus Sport | EPL 2019-2020

Ready for Liverpool winning both the European championship and Premier league.

This year is the year🏆🏆 can't wait for the start of the season.  Go the Reds.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor JTants
New Contributor

Hi,

will this seasons broadcast be upgraded to 1080p? 

Contributor Oethesaint
Contributor

Or 4K like the optus CEO mentioned when Optus got EPL rights?

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

At this point in time we do not have the details on when 4K will be available and currently it is only available in 720p. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor JTants
New Contributor

Do you have any info on 1080p being made available? Or if it’s not on the agenda at all.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Memzy
New Contributor

When will optus sport be available on android TV like it used to be?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

What I posted was the response I received from the Optus Sport team, I'm unable to provide anything further to this.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Pezzzzza
New Contributor

Can you watch it in HD?? 

Tags (1)
Occasional Contributor Buster1964
Occasional Contributor

So the answer to everyone’s question is .....No!

No HD

No 1080

No App

Yet the rate at which Optus takes the money is unethical Maybe floptus should spent some of it to fix the problem, instead of spending it on advertising a product that doesn’t work. 

Funny that their ads are in HD

0 Kudos
Top Contributors