Searching...

Re: Very poor Chromecast quality

Aman_B

Hi @Devo-McDuff,  could  you please check if the Optus Sport app on your mobile works fine while connected to the same internet connection? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Devo-McDuff

Again, it is intermittently unreliable.

Thx

Aman_B

Hi @Devo-McDuff, is the experience same on mobile 4G and wifi? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Onemadgooner

Ahh thought this was just me, Im having the exact same issue, I use my Chromecast with other apps and have no issues with it going grainy and unwatchable after a few mins, it only happens on the Chromecast while watching EPL on the Optus Sport app via Chromecast

I have no issues watching direct on my phone, ipad or on my Smart TV (its is a UHD 4K) and again, I have no issues streaming other apps to the TV or Chromecast so its not an internet/wifi issue,  Its only once I cast to the Chromecast from Optus Sport app so its definatley the way the Optus app and Chromecast interact so given many others above are having this same issue....what are you doing about it Optus ? 

Devo-McDuff

"what are you doing about it Optus ?"

Absolutely nothing it seems, this has been going on for years.

Zac_H

Hi @Chudfish - sorry to hear of your streaming issues. I would suggest changing your cast quality to 50Mhz in Chromecast settings. You can find it in the Google Home App. If that doesn't improve streaming quality, can you please report this to our TV & Content team on 1800 230 158 so that it can be investigated further? They are available on that number 24x7.

Omac

Mine is exactly the same. Its ruining the EPL season for me. Smiley Sad only reason why i switched to optus to watch the epl and now the quality of the streamjng is disappointing.

Brock_E

That's certainly odd, @Omac :/ You definitely shouldn't be facing these issues when streaming. Please take a minute to complete a fault report here, so that we can get our TV & Content team to investigate the difficulties you're facing and provide further insight here.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
5 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos
2 Kudos
2 Kudos