Searching...

Very poor Chromecast quality

Chudfish

Hi there, every time I watch an EPL game on my mobile via chromecast on to my Samsung TV, the quality is horrible. To the point where I can barely make out a picture then the picture will become crystal clear for a few seconds and then drop again. It will continue in waves like this for a long as I watch. If I watch it on my mobile the picture is perfect. My wifi signal is strong and I am able to watch Netflix in HD with no buffering so am pretty sure it's not my internet (which is also optus NBN) Any advice?

Re: Very poor Chromecast quality

Dave

Evening!

Sorry to hear about the issues while using Chromecast Smiley Sad Can you confirm if there's any issues while casting anything else from your phone or is it only the Optus Sport application that seems to be affected? Dave

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

[ Edited ]
RacerX

I have the same issue.

I noticed that some matches, usually the ones involving the big teams are flawless e.g. Man U vs. Sunderland on Saturday. Watched the whole game without problem.

And some matches are horrible. Everton vs. Leicster City was attrocious this morning. Unwatchable. When casting, the picture would start well and then deteriorate after 2-3 minutes.

Not sure if you guys allocate more resources to cater for the viewership of the bigger teams as opposed to the lesser ones?!

This has been happening for the last 2-3 weeks.

I am on ADSL2+ at 19Mbps download. My chromecast works at HD / 4K with Youtube, iView, SBS OnDemand and as I said some matches are A-OK. Some are unwatchable.

One other thing to add - viewing via the Optus Sports app on phone / tablet was fine. So this is a Chromecast only issue.

JustinB

Hey @RacerX - thanks for alerting us to this. If this is something that does continue to occur, can you please report this to our TV & Content team on 1800 230 158 so that it can be investigated further? They are available on that number 24x7.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Devo-McDuff

I had loads of problems with Chromecast from Mac and iPhone last season. I just tested again now and it's just as rubbish as ever, the quality regularly drops to an unwatchable state. I have no problems Chromecasting with plenty of other app from both devices so the problems looks to be Optus.

I was hoping you would have sorted this mess out for this season but it seems not.

Toomey

I've seen similar enquiries over social media today, if the quality is better when you stop casting, try restating your Chromecast and the connection should improve.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

ShonG

I was having this problem too. Then realised I had set the App to High Quality. I changed this to Auto and started the cast again and it is now perfect. Might just be a coincidence, but worth a try. 

Highlighted

Toni

When I changed the quality to auto the quality on my TV improved but only for a few seconds then went back to crap. Any other suggestions?

Aman_B

Oh no @Toni, could you please set the quality to high and check if this helps. If not then please report your fault  details Here so that we can investigate. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Devo-McDuff

It's intermittenly (but regularly) terrible for me with auto or high.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
6 Kudos
4 Kudos
3 Kudos
3 Kudos
2 Kudos