Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Steviejay2110
New Contributor
New Contributor

The quality of optus sport

Is there ever going to be a day where Optus actually does something about the poor standards and quality of their football streaming?

I mean this has been a problem since before the 2018 world cup 18 months ago from time of writing this.

I'm sitting here on my 1 Y.O PC tower, it's 8AM and i cant watch the football. I'm getting 40Mbs Download speed and i can't stream 720p? 

Pathetic Optus, this is 2020! And you're charging 15$ a month for this?

Some nerve, and don't respond with "your bands need resetting" or some nonsense placing the blame back on me. I have no other issue with ANY other streaming service of any kind, including the Foxtel app for PC.

Sort it out Optus, You have the world's biggest League at your disposal and you're charging plenty for it.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: The quality of optus sport

Hi Steviejay2110,

Not great to hear you're not getting the experience you're expecting.

Optus Sport has hundreds of thousands of subscribers and the complaints are pretty minimal in comparison when it comes to streaming quality. I know it doesn't mean anything but I've never had a problem with mine for example.

Have you tried with different connections and devices?

It's not clear if you have contacted Optus about this issue, you can do so by logging a support case to the Optus Sport team.

Let us know how you go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Steviejay2110
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi there,

Firstly, thanks for your response, i honestly didn't expect to get one!

Secondly i feel i should apologise, after speaking with some of my friends and co-workers who use the app, it seems clear that for whatever reason, it IS my connection that must be the problem. Despite having 40Mbs download speeds, it must be my PC or something on my end.

They said the same thing you did, that they haven't really had any issues with connectivity.

The message posted the other day was out of anger/frustration, and i should have calmed down before sending a message.

So sorry about that 🙂

Have a good rest of your day.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

No apology necessary, you're not the first person to have a bit of a vent on here😉 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Blottski
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yeah I must say of late,  i'm having the same issues.  PQ is ok. but it will get random stuttering where the audio keeps going but the picture pauses and then catches up.   

Have zero isssues with any other stream platform.  On 50meg connection.      

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @Blottski, sorry to hear about your Optus Sport streaming issue. Which device is this on? Has any → troubleshooting helped? If the issue still continues then please raise a support case in the Optus Sport app itself by navigating into ... (bottom right hand corner) > Customer Support > Raise an issue to look into this for you. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

0 Kudos
Blottski
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Android TV i'm having the issues.       iPad is fine etc.  

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @Blottski, you can try uninstalling / reinstalling the app on your TV and also double check that you TV Software is up to date. Refer to this → support page for more info. 

If it still does not work then you will have a raise an in app support case as mentioned above.

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

0 Kudos
Blottski
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

will do.     will test it over the weekend and see how it goes.

thanks. 

0 Kudos
Kartika

No worries and you`re welcome @Blottski

0 Kudos