cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Ausnick2001
New Contributor

The quality and framerate leave something to be desired

Hello,

I recently subscribed to Optus Sport and whilst I love a lot of the elements of it, the actual online streaming is sub par.

The bit rate appears to be fairly low, even on best quality and the framerate seems to be locked at 30fps and their are also some frame pacing issues with occasional slow downs and speed ups.

This is in stark contrast to the Foxtel Go player which runs at 50/60fps and is almost indistinguishable from watching it in HD on my Foxtel box, the bitrate is that good.

I watch on my gaming PC with a wired 100Mb connection so neither of those are the issue.

Everything else about the service is great, I love the highlights and mini matches, they are perfect.

Just thought I would give feedback in case Optus didn’t think people cared about things like this. I was watching on the weekend with a friend and he remarked that it looked like an illegal stream.

1 Reply
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: The quality and framerate leave on Optus Sport something to be desired

Thanks for sharing this feedback.

We suggest logging a case via the Optus Sport web portal

How to log a case via the Optus Sport website

1. Login to your Optus Sport account
  2. From the menu select the Help & Support option
  3. From the Help & Support menu, click "Log a case"
  4. Leave us with a summary of the issue (you can even attach screenshots if you wish)

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors