cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Contributor Cathalm8
Contributor

Terrible highlights and not available for hours after games.

Why are there are no match highlights of any of the games from last night available yet? We don't want stupid 15 second clips of what you deem is relevant. We want at least 5 min highlights of all of the games including the interviews after within an hour or two of the game finsihing.

Why is there no review show from last nights game available yet? Optus should have people working overnight straight after the games to provide this. Shocking that you do not. People get out of bed early to watch this and its not available.

Also the highlights are substandard in any case. I can only hope, along with everyone else, that foxtel buy back the rights or that you take on board the feedback from people here and improve your service.

Terrible highlights and not available for hours after games.

11 Replies
New Contributor Yellos
New Contributor

Re: Terrible highlights and not available for hours after games.

Agree terrible experience this morning.

Firstly I clicked on Liverpool match to watch replay and the first thing it did was go live and show me the full time score.

Secondly I wanted to watch the highlights and there are no full highlights of any of last nights game up yet.

I have had these issues all season.

Enough is enough. I will be cancelling my optus mobile and my optus epl account.

New Contributor Motorola747
New Contributor

I think their highlights are pre packaged from the UK. Anywho, I am also waiting for last night's highlights..Where are they? The only videos up right now are the 30 sec single highlights which pretty much spoil the events of the match. They should be put in a separate category so people don't accidentally read the blatant titles.

Contributor Cathalm8
Contributor

Pre-packaged from the uk? Then they can't even use the excuse that they don't work at night. It should be automatic.

Wherever they come from the highlights are terrible. They don't show team lineups or formations at the start. They are too short. They never show appropriate replays of major incidents. They never show interviews from the managers after the game. They gloss over major refereeing decisions. etc etc.

Completly agree regarding the 15-30 second highlights. These are more than worthless. These actually spoil the results of the game. Its completly idiotic. I mean if the other highlights come from the uk and hot for 6-8 hours after the game where does these 15 seconds of worthlessness come from so quickly????

0 Kudos
Contributor Cathalm8
Contributor

Pre-packaged from the uk? Then they can't even use the excuse that they don't work at night. It should be automatic.

0 Kudos
Contributor Cathalm8
Contributor

great now even their forums arent working properly...

0 Kudos
New Contributor jamjam1000
New Contributor

Have left the same feedback months ago on their App Store about the 30 second clips giving away the results and yet they are jumbled in together with the match highlights. Whoever adds the content does not follow or understand sport and what it’s viewers want.

Contributor Cathalm8
Contributor

comepletely agree. Whoever works at the optus sport media and tv don't have a clue about the sport or how to present the highlights. Its a crying shame. They are butchering it. Please let someone else buy the rights asap..

0 Kudos
New Contributor jamjam1000
New Contributor

It’s been over 10 hours and still nothing uploaded. Not only that they’ve removed Liverpool vs Newcastle from on-demand match reply for some reason. 

Contributor Cathalm8
Contributor

I would love to know how many, if any, people they have working on providing the content overnight especially after the games have finished. At this stage I am starting to think that they have no one working on it after the games i.e. everyone in the optus sport team is just curled up in bed.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors