Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor strazer
New Contributor

Streaming is just not working correctly

Hi,

Anyone else having major issues with the streaming of EPL games, last week it was the MCFC V MUFC this week MCFC V Spurs.

The game was still broadcasting live but towards the end of the broadcast, so I go in, select to view "from beginning" and it takes me to the live stream, i then see the score which spoils the whole game, also if i do try to watch, it then just freezes and after a pause plays for a minute then freezes again!!

Its never been perfect from day one but its definately getting a lot worst!!

Ive got my Gen 4 apple TV on latest firmware, have rebooted numerous times reset the internet connection...all the dumb stuff Optus low level support techs read off their "what to say" cards, but the issues are still there!

No doubt the responce will be "buy a Fetch TV" as im sure they have warehouses full of these boxes but this is a streaming service the box its using should irrelevant..

Very annoyed Optus user.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
New Contributor hugivesa
New Contributor

Re: Streaming is just not working correctly

Absolutely..experienced the same problem. Also pissed off with keep losing HD quality during the games.

No one seems to have an answer.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hi guys, firstly my apologies for the issues. These enquiries have come through YesCrowd before and I raised them with the TV & Content team myself. I know our Apple TV app vendor is aware of the issue and working on an update. I've reached out for more info so will let you know of any updates.

Not sure why your Apple TV isn't playing smoothly though, it sounds like your connection is suitable so I would raise a fault with the TV and Content team via this online form → Report a problem with TV or Content. They can gather extra information about your connection in their systems to work out what's causing this.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor strazer
New Contributor

Hi ,

Thanks for the responce and link, i have tried it but for whatever reason it cant validate my account.

Ive had the same user name "strazer" for 10+ years, attached to email strazer@optushome.com.au and my date of birth and post code havent changed.

Im reluctant to call in and jump on the call waiting queue and subsequant roundabout of pass ons that will inevbitably happen to have them try to understand whay it wont validate my details so im stuck at the moment!

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hmm, that's odd @strazer :S I haven't come across an Optus email address with the suffix "optushome.com.au. The suffix should be @OPTUSNET.com.au.

Are you able to try strazer@optusnet,com.au and let us know if that one works? When you receive invoices for the service, are there charges on your bill against username "strazer.”?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor strazer
New Contributor

Had the same Email for well over 10 years, i think they changed the suffix a while back, and the Email servers just forward the older"optushome" users now.

Anyway, all i use is the strazer login and my password, i gat into the member website no problem, just when i use the form you sent, it all fails.

The bills i recive dont have a user name on them just an account number, but as mentioined my account name on the web site is definately strazer.

Also with the form you sent it specifically says just use the username, omit the @optus..... suffix anyway.

Theres some disconnect in your systems i think?

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Ah no worries, I'll send this through to the TV & Content team manually.  It sounds like your service may be in an older billing system not recognised by the form. Shoot me a private message with your account number, full name, DOB and contact number so I can raise this for you instead. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors