Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Doody12
New Contributor
New Contributor

Server Error Encountered

I'm trying to log into my Optus sport account and I keep receiving the following message "Server Error Encountered" any ideas how to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tuong_YC

Re: Server Error Encountered

Hey @Doody12, that's not good to hear. I have just tested out my own login and have managed to get through with no issues. Were you watching via the Optus Sport App? If so, there was an update introduced a couple months back. If you could please make sure that you have the newer version downloaded as well as make sure that your handset's software is up to date, that would be much appreciated.

Generally speaking as well, the newer version of the Optus Sport App is more compatible with the latest i0s.

If you were watching via a web browser, I would recommend clearing any unwanted cookies and caches from your history. Doing so, will clear any interruptions to website access and help get you through. Give those a shot and see how you go

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Doody12
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply @Tuong_YC. The Optus sport app on my phone works fine.
I’m trying to watch it on a work laptop, I have tried multiple laptops and get the same error message on all of them. I have logged onto these laptops previously and they have worked. And other people are still watching their Optus sport accounts on the same laptops
0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

That's rather odd @Doody12, were the laptops using the same network? Sometimes when you have a lot of programs and browsers running in the background, it can slow your connectivity and have an impact on streaming. I would recommend removing any unnecessary activity including downloads, open applications as well as updates- this should help get things up and running.

If you could also delete any VPN attached or previously set up as well, this will clear interruptions. How did you go with clearing the cookies and caches? If you could give those a try, that would be much appreciated

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

SQuiDFPV
New Contributor
New Contributor

i have this issue too. Last week i watched 1 game on my PC, when i went to load it up again to watch another it said server problems encountered, eventually i logged out and then i couldn't get back in. 

Week has passed still cant log in, but i can on my phone. Help 

0 Kudos