cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Contributor Howard
Contributor

Resume Playback Function & Playback Quality

As Everton vs Swansea was OD I decided to sleep than wait up til 4am to watch the game. When I got up this morning and hit the replay button, it came up with a program length of over 3.5hrs, which turned out to be 1.5hrs of unrelated programming. Anyway I slowly skipped through the program to the start of the game, after 3 minutes of some of the worse video quality I have had to endure on your website I decided to refresh my connection and web tab. On returning to the game page I was offered the chance to resume the game which I did only to be taken to the 56th minute and the game at 1:1...... I'm sure you can appreciate that I was not best impressed with 2/3 of the game being flushed down the toilet. What I did notice was that the program length had gone from 3.5hrs to 2hrs and I am presuming this the reason that it jumped so far forward, but I could be wrong.... Do everyone a favour in the future, either get it right the first time or leave it alone for 24hrs.

I also want to say that the video quality did not improve throughout this game and had to watch over 50% with quality like this..... as you can see, 3 green dots for connection strength and that it happened through the entire game if you look at the yellow slider..... it really isn't good enough 

everton.JPGev.JPGeve.JPGevert.JPG

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Re: Resume Playback Function & Playback Quality

Hey @Howard, thanks for raising this with us, definitely not good to hear of the issues with your stream. Please reach out to the TV & Content team if troubleshooting doesn't improve your connection → Report a problem with TV or Content

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Howard
Contributor

OMG! I am such a *********, why didn't I think about checking the troubleshooting page before wasting everyone's time.... oh wait I did..... what a pointless response..... you get used to the odd poor video/live footage from Optus or does no one actually read the complaints....but I have never had it this bad......  Actually Im sure its apart of your terms and conditions that you have to except some poor quality video, just to help save Optus some money.... Please pass on the concerns about the resume function to the appropriate department 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

If you do log a fault during the live broadcast of the match a consultant from the appropriate department will contact you within an hour of submitting your enquiry. In any case if you were to log a fault using the link Toomey has provided, you'll be contacted to discuss your concerns with a member of the same team (this is for any type of streamed Optus Sport content and is not limited to the live broadcast). 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor Howard
Contributor

I think the main point I was making was the resume function jumping me to the 56th instead of the 3rd minute of the game, and the picture quality was a side note, I have had my setup checked previously and the laptop/AV/internet settings and component software are fine. I am convinced that the video quality is affected by network load and web traffic rather than anything to do with my settings.... I have rewatched the first half again with less than 10 seconds of blurry quality, yet not a single setting has been changed, again I am not convinced the problem lies with your customers.... next time I get such poor quality I will ask everyone in my suburb to stop using the Optus network using a series of interconnecting string and baked bean cans to test my theory..... keep an eye out for when I will publish my findings 

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @Howard, we'll have to investigate this and as mentioned by Dan please report it to the contents team. Once the team receives your fault they can check the connection and your download speeds and whats causing this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor Howard
Contributor

How will testing my connection speed affect or stop problems with the resume function on video feeds 

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @Howard, the team can connection if during the stream there are any connection dropouts (that could be  in seconds) or if this is caused by the browser yo are using. 

0 Kudos
Contributor Howard
Contributor

That makes no sense at all..... you're just embarrassing yourselves and Optus at this point..... I am not convinced that any of you have read my post properly..... this is just becoming pointless..... no wonder you keep getting complaints  

0 Kudos
New Contributor Ciaran
New Contributor

Hey optus, this is still happening 1.5yrs later. I also restarted my device after terrible quality and frozen streaming. Just ruined most of the champions league final for me. You clearly have a problem with the resume function or when you edit on demand content. Please sort it out, it is absolutely infuriating. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors