cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Poor quality EPL replays

Hi

I have an issue when I watch replays or highlights of EPL games.

First of all, my live games are excellent. No buffering, responsive fast forwarding and full 1080p with a good frame rate. However I then switch off a live game and watch a replay and the experience backflips completely. It maxes at 720p (which I understand is a limitation of the service) but normally drops to 480p or even lower. In addition to this it buffers constantly and the frame rate is worse. I've raised this with the support and they constantly say it's my internet connection, but I don't understand how the same device and connection can have this sudden quality swap at the same time of the day (I mostly watch games between 4-9am Perth time Sundays/Mondays) by just swapping from live game to replays. I have had to resort to watching replays on YouTube, but I don't believe the mini matches are available on YouTube.

I'm running the latest version of Android on a Samsung Galaxy S10. I am using a Chromecast Ultra which is hardwired onto a HFC NBN network where I constantly get 100mb down (according to Google speed test).

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Regards.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Poor quality EPL replays

Hi @Thebava it's not great to hear that you're experiencing issues watching replays and highlights of EPL games.

If you require further assistance, please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

Top Contributors