Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor mikeysports
New Contributor

Picture only 1 third of the screen

Hi

using google chromecast  gen 3 and iPhone XS as a hotspot to connect. Netflix works with a full screen.

when I try to use Optus sports I am only getting a picture the Center third of the screen. 

I’m this is using google home app and the Optus sport app and pressing the chromecast button in the top right hand corner.

I have tried to change display setting on tv makes no difference and the only settings on the app are picture quality 

Any one have the same problem and no a fix

0 Kudos
2 Replies
New Contributor mikeysports
New Contributor

Optus sports iPhone chromecast problems

Hi

problem with Optus spots and chromecast.

i have just got my self a chrome cast to turn my tv in a smart tv. I don’t have wifi at home but can hotspot my phone to another device and watch Netflix and other apps. It plays in  Full screen and no problems with quality or buffering.

I tried chromecast and Optus sports. Using the google home app. Then opening Optus sports app. Press the chromecast icon in the top right hand corner. Enter the pin everything great. Full size screen. 

when I select the game I want to watch it is only showing it in a small screen. Imagine tv screen split in to three vertical sections and a stretched video plays in the centre section (almost like a phone).

i have tried to alter my tv picture display setting 4:3 16:9 etc no change.

The only display settings I can see on the app are picture quality high medium low and that doesn’t change the size of the image.

i m using chromecast gen 3 (not ultra) and an iPhone XS. 

I used a friends before using Samsung, hot spotting from iPhone and chrome cast gen3 no problems. 

Any had had this problem can anyone help me please? 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Picture only 1 third of the screen

Hi mikeysports,

Please shoot our Optus Sport team a message who may be able to help with the set up. ️ 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors