Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
TheBritishPress
New Contributor
New Contributor

Paid advertisements in Optus sports

Paid advertisements in the middle of play of the Euro’s! This is unacceptable corporate behaviour! There is no way that a paid sponsor or your “partners excuse you use”, is acceptable to interrupt play to put 2 non adjustable advertisements to interrupt play while a game is going on! I will be challenging your behaviour. And I will be asking the public for their opinions as well!
3 Replies
OlaPortugal
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Paid advertisements in Optus sports

Agreed, I think it's disgusting that they put loads of ads during matches for a paid subscription service. I've had sport streaming services in many other countries before and this is first time I've ever seen this. I questioned them already about this and their response was that this allows them better content and lower subscription prices. I'd rather they put up prices and not see the ads. They have to keep subscription's reasonable as they don't have European leagues, are competing with Kayo and so many people will free stream matches anyway. 

Ads during matches is a disgrace, corporate greed and doesn't endear you to sponsors, just the opposite, not smart business and post Euros I will go back to free streaming because of it.

0 Kudos
Cornchips7
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just found out that you can watch highlights on youtube via Optus sports youtube page without advertisements. Quite comical. Scummy.

0 Kudos
michael7
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I dislike ads as much as anyone.  But in this case, if it keeps the cost of the service lower that it otherwise would be, then I can put up with an ad here or there.

0 Kudos