Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Sport subscription

If I pay for an Optus sport subscription, and due to the current covid-19 issue, all games are suspended (premier league, champions, Europa, J-league and so on...) and Optus obviously have nothing to broadcast for at least the majority of the month, are Optus still going to bill me for a subscription with no content???
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Optus Sport subscription

This link was posted earlier.
https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=20064

That is all the info that is available.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to throw a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Also they don't sell Optus sport as a contracted subscription (it's included in contracted bundle services though) meaning you can cancel at any time at no cost

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Actually I don’t have an Optus phone account ( I’m with vodafone )so I do subscribe to Optus sport at a cost of $14.99 Per month through Apple store, yes it does cost. Easiest solution was for me to cancel my subscription but it still charges me for the remaining whole month even though there is no games broadcasted.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Maybe you misinterpreted my message but I was essentially saying you weren't tied to a contract for 12/24/36 months and could cancel at any time regardless of who you pay for your subscription so we're on the same page.

That said, you are paying Apple for your subscription and therefor the obligation is with them, Apple, to refund any costs you incur as your agreement is with them instead of Optus. You'll have to contact them directly as Optus won't be able to help 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Just to add to SamSam's response, the info we have here is that the Optus Sport team have advised in the interim they’re working on a solution and hope to have an update for        customers early next week.

Those who don't want to wait, as SamSam mentioned, will need to cancel via the App Store payment method. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have no wish to see any of the available content.  I want the subscription closed off and finished.  I do not wish to pay for this any longer.  I've already overpaid for March and don't see why I should invest any more $$'s in Optus Sport.

How do I get this closed off as of today's date?  They are saying tht 2 further payments will be taken (2 months of payments at $14.99 per month)

I find that outrageous

0 Kudos
Top Contributors